Sign in to follow this  

Where did this come from?

I was getting into my car today and noticed this on my muffler pipe. I rode earlier this morning and the bike ran fine but i did notice the decel pops that you get were a little louder than normal and I was getting more backfires from shifting. I scraped all that crap off and there does not appear to be a hole and also started the bike up and didn't feel any leaks coming out of the pipe. Checked all around that area from more gunk and didn't see any anywhere. It is an FMF Powercore 4 exhaust.

exhaust.jpg

Are you sure you don't have a hole in your polyester MTA Athletic Sweat Pants?

I would have no first hand knowledge of this, just a speculation!

:thumbsup:

Someone sat on yout bike wearing synthetic pants and they melted! Very funny assuming it was not you. It was you, sorry man, bummer. :thumbsup:

Fire it up, as soon as the pipe gets hot, use a wad of paper towels, most of it will wipe right off. If there is any rememainresidue, wait for the pipe to complete cool and rube with some Acetone or other nasty solvent.

Oh man I feel like an idiot. I even thought about that too when I got into my car and I was going to check my pant leg when I got back home and forgot too. I just got those pants last week too. Oh well.

IMG_0263.jpg

And as far as the decel pops being a little louder. I just took out the spark arrestor, so could that make it a little louder?

Yeah..

get it hot , wire brush it off , let it cool , hit with some scotch bright :thumbsup:, take your pants down and have a leather patch put on :confused:

I hear that you can get denim patches & stitch them on your riding pants to keep them "pipe resistant".