CUSTOM clutch lever! pretty rad. check it.

So i have ridden BMX my entire life and within the past few years i have gotten seriously into motorcycles... well off road motorcycles :thumbsup:

anyways while riding i always was bothered by the fact i had to use all four fingers on my clutch, when really it made more sense to me to just use two so it came to me, use one of my super nice 30 dollar Odyssey brake levers for a clutch lever! not knowing how it would perform i was curious so i did some slight modifications and voila! there it was. the only problem i have found is that the adjusters are pretty much maxed out and if i could find a cable with a longer housing it would be solid. but the answer is, yes it works great and feels fine. it is just slightly harder to pull than a regular clutch lever but not too hard. if you know anything about Odyssey products you know they are pretty much the highest quality parts you can buy for a BMX bicycle. so check it ot tell me what you think. I ride a 2001 Honda CR250R if you like it you can get them here http://www.danscomp.com/486035.php?cat=PARTS I used the Trigger lever but any of them would work.

IMG_0028.jpg

<br>

IMG_0029.jpg

<br>

100_3710.jpg

<br>

100_3706.jpg

that seems like it would be hard to find in an emergency situation. but i know what you mean with the fingers . i used to pre bend all my levers so they wouldnt hit my outside fingers when clutching. i now run asv levers un real setup they got

that seems like it would be hard to find in an emergency situation. but i know what you mean with the fingers . i used to pre bend all my levers so they wouldnt hit my outside fingers when clutching. i now run asv levers un real setup they got

yea exactly, i would always crush all my other fingers with the lever cause it was so long. but it would be hard to find in an emergency, although i can ride comfortably with my fingers resting on the clutch now :thumbsup:

It looks so cute on there! I love hearing about these random modifications that work. Good job!

Total abortion of a clutch lever!

haha, it works solid though! :thumbsup:

anybody know of a shorter/longer clutch cable that would solve my problem??

I just cut my lever down a little, having a nice clutch pull is worth it. The hydro clutch probably helps a little too.

I would just put the stock perch back on and cut down the lever to a two finger lever instead of using bicycle parts.

Take mah stong hand!

Odyssey levers are great for BMX, but I doubt that will take any sort of hit. Its manufactured to be so light, they break easily. I know I've broken a very similar Odyssey lever on my BMX bike (it broke at the clamp), and i was surprised how easily it broke. You can buy custom levers that are for dirtbikes, like an ASV shorty lever. There are many other custom bend levers out there.