Sign in to follow this  

whats the first thing you mod on a new bike

i myself before it leaves the shop the bike gets a new full exhaust system jetting tires a sprocket change to 13-50 o-ring chain and a graffix kit including numbers. when it gets home it gets an oil change air filter swap and cage mod than i put my asv levers on .

just wondering what everyone else does to thier bikes when they buy em

On a brand new bike? Change the oil and grease all bearings, set up your controls and ride it.

Heavier springs for sure, grips. I take it home and regrease and torque everything to factory spec. You'd be surprised at the stuff I've found loose on a bike. The worst was bars, first jump would have put them on the tank for a nice digger.

i once found two tottally missing bolts on my sub frame after buying my 08 yami and the front forks were set at two different heights hahaha

I put as many stickers as I can on it. Then I put it in the back of my truck and drive it all over town.

Did I mention that I wear my hat all gangsta and always have a power drink sticker displayed somewhere on my personal?

I put as many stickers as I can on it. Then I put it in the back of my truck and drive it all over town.

Did I mention that I wear my hat all gangsta and always have a power drink sticker displayed somewhere on my personal?

Do you have a rubber nut sack hanging from your hitch receiver?

haha.

I saw a guy yesterday that has his trailer light cables connected to his rubber trailer hitch balls so they light up at night. It was really classy.

bars, clamps, levers, aluminum throttle grip, and grips. i install that stuff and send the suspension out shortly after...i cant buy a new bike and not ride it at least a little before its torn down for a week. :thumbsup:

Suspension set up for my heavy ass

Suspension for my light ass.

Bro.....Me too!!! My truck is lifted 18 inchs on 40' tires and has never seen mud either.

i ride it. then go from there. usually suspension is at the top of the list.

i ride it. then go from there. usually suspension is at the top of the list.

This. I always ride it stock first so I know what mods I need to do to make it set up for me.