Pourcel to sign with Motoconcepts Yamaha???

Motocross

Yup, another solid player on the gate, about time Frenchy! :thumbsup:

MAX!!!

wow, the people that comment on racerx are really dumb.

Not much time to GO TESTING....

David Vuillemin had something to do with this.

Funny, there's another thread that says he's on a Gieco 450, arn't they Hondas?

wow, the people that comment on racerx are really dumb.

Understatement.:thumbsup:

Funny, there's another thread that says he's on a Gieco 450, arn't they Hondas?

Yes, Geico is on Honda. He was testing two brands of bikes; Honda and Yamaha, and decided to sign with motoconcepts Yamaha

Yes, Geico is on Honda. He was testing two brands of bikes; Honda and Yamaha, and decided to sign with motoconcepts Yamaha

Or you could say Honda decided not to go w/ him, which is what happened. Honda didn't want to pay him what he was demanding.

MAX!!!

Or you could say Honda decided not to go w/ him, which is what happened. Honda didn't want to pay him what he was demanding.

MAX!!!

What? And motoconcepts is going to pay his demanded salary? That's a little hard for me to believe there was deff negotiations on a price but it seems he made his own choice, just my thoughts

What? And motoconcepts is going to pay his demanded salary? That's a little hard for me to believe there was deff negotiations on a price but it seems he made his own choice, just my thoughts

Maybe after he lost the Geico and another ride due to his monster sponsorship, I can't remember the team but all of this was posted on Racer X, he finally decided to settle before he missed another season.

MAX!!!

Maybe after he lost the Geico and another ride due to his monster sponsorship, I can't remember the team but all of this was posted on Racer X, he finally decided to settle before he missed another season.

MAX!!!

In the previous quote you said it was because he wanted too much money. Monster sponsorship or contract demands? Which is it? I read that he wasn't thrilled with the Honda 450. Isn't fellow frenchman David Vuillemin Team Manager of Motoconcepts? Maybe that and the bike had something to do with it. Do you think Yamaha might have endorsed this move? Maybe get motoconcepts more factory support..or any at this point.

oh and monster energy is the sponsor for the quasi-factory Yamaha team in Europe, so there is a tie-in there as well.

Edited by 2-fiddy
more info

Would be cool to see him on Cedrics YZ250 2 stroke :thumbsup:...but that is just a dream :confused:

In the previous quote you said it was because he wanted too much money. Monster sponsorship or contract demands? Which is it? I read that he wasn't thrilled with the Honda 450. Isn't fellow frenchman David Vuillemin Team Manager of Motoconcepts? Maybe that and the bike had something to do with it. Do you think Yamaha might have endorsed this move? Maybe get motoconcepts more factory support..or any at this point.

oh and monster energy is the sponsor for the quasi-factory Yamaha team in Europe, so there is a tie-in there as well.

puplmx tweet

pulpmx Steve Matthes

Sources say Pourcel talks "dead" with GEICO and "nothing going on" with Valli source so what now? CP peeps asked GEICO to triple win bonuses

pulpmx Steve Matthes

Sources say Monster Helmet deal killed Valli talks, bonuses killed GEICO talk--they must have an ace in the hole deal with someone

MAX!!!

MAX!!!

NO ONE is gonna pay him what he was demanding.....

i'm glad to hear he's got a deal done though......the outdoors should be pretty amazing this year......

puplmx tweet

pulpmx Steve Matthes

Sources say Pourcel talks "dead" with GEICO and "nothing going on" with Valli source so what now? CP peeps asked GEICO to triple win bonuses

pulpmx Steve Matthes

Sources say Monster Helmet deal killed Valli talks, bonuses killed GEICO talk--they must have an ace in the hole deal with someone

MAX!!!

Well I guess the most recent sightings of CP without a Monster Energy Logo or any other gear from a "supposed" done deal...leaves Matthes looking like a blowhard that tried to scoop what wasn't a deal and present it as fact. Bad journalism.

A little video of him test riding. Not much but still cool seeing him on a bike.

Motoconcepts had CP himself at Vegas and his bike in the pits all decked out with 377 and posters and everything.

i feel that he signed for money and that there are only 2 teams that have proven that bike (2010 + yz450f) outdoors JGR yamaha and Stews team (kinda)

i think motoconsepts is a good team with some bank behind it but i do not feel that they are a team that is on the top level of teams that will be winning a MX or SX championship

CP signed with oneal gear today. So much for that fox gear.