Sign in to follow this  

2012-2013 crf 230?

Any rumors or speculation on new model in near future? Such as CR forks and shock, weight reduction, a few more ponies? Current design in 9 yrs old and Honda usually up grades more often.:thumbsup:

True but with all the disasters in Japan and all i dont expect seeing too much coming in the world of motocross for a few years

Current design in 9 yrs old and Honda usually up grades more often.:thumbsup:

This is only the third version of this bike since 70s so by Honda standards it will last 4-5 more years!

I was told it was also designed in Brazil. It has nothing in common with its predecessor the XR200 except the engine so that makes more sense.

When I got my 230, it was so bad I considered putting the engine in my 91 XR200 (last of the good ones) but ended up with a Works shock and lived with it.

Any rumors or speculation on new model in near future? Such as CR forks and shock, weight reduction, a few more ponies? Current design in 9 yrs old and Honda usually up grades more often.:thumbsup:

look at the xr/crf100's not much has changed since 85, and even before

pro-link, the engine was basically the same. i know, i had 1985 xr100, just sold it this year, still ran as good as it did 25 years ago.

performance bikes, maybe. workhorses like the 100 and 230, not needed, since it will increase costs.

look at the xr/crf100's not much has changed since 85, and even before

pro-link, the engine was basically the same. i know, i had 1985 xr100, just sold it this year, still ran as good as it did 25 years ago.

performance bikes, maybe. workhorses like the 100 and 230, not needed, since it will increase costs.

+1 I don't see any changes. If you want soething like what you're describing Servive Honda already makes it. CRF250 Junior. Watercooled 250 stuffed into a 230 frame with good racing suspension. Not cheap but cheaper than building your own.