California Tinta Trail

Has anyone ridden the Tinta Trail recently? I was wondering what kind of shape it's in. I was thinking of taking my son on a ride tomorrow (he's on a plated 520).

Several years ago I did a VCMC DualSport ride that started at the Flying J in Frazier Park, went through Gorman, up Frazier Mt, into Pine Mt, through Quatal Canyon, had lunch in Ventucopa, rode the Tinta trail and came back across Lockwood to FP.

I know Frazier Mt is still closed, but I was thinking of doing a modified version of that ride. Flying J to the little town of FP, hit the Tecuya trail, into Pine Mt, then Quatal Cnyn, have lunch in Ventucopa, ride the Tinta trail and just ride all the way back on Lockwood.

Do you think Tecuya is open? (I don't think it's nearly as high up as Frazier Mt)

We just need to ride!!!!!!!

Thanks

Most of the time they open all the gates at the same time. You could always hit Ballinger for some dirt fun. To bad Toad Springs is still closed that trail puts a great DS loop together

Rode Tinta yesterday.  Me on my Husky 501 and my cousin on a Beta 450.  Started at the lower end at the Tinta Campground.  The rainy winter has not been kind.  Tremendous amount of vegetation covering the trail.  Plan on riding chest to overhead sage for long periods.  Its almost Braille in spots.  The creek crossing are a little challenging with more rocks showing and exits often covered with overgrowth.  Took us two and half hard hours with a few water breaks in the 100 degree heat.  The last half mile to the West Dry Canyon exit is an exercise in route finding up the creek bed.  Went out Dry Canyon to the 33 and up Quatal.  It was too hot to really do much more so we slabbed it back to the truck at Tinta.  The ride is really nice and the scenery is great.  Don't do this trail alone unless you can self rescue.  Would rate it a high intermediate.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By RSS Feed
      TBT Racing So Cal R&D has immediate opening for a A Plus – Suspension Technician to lead the day to day operations at TBT Racing Corporate Headquarters in Corona CA . Monday – Friday 9am -6pm
      The ideal candidate should possess a minimum of 1 years of experience with suspension work, and riding experience on dirt motorcycles.  This position requires teamwork.  Occasional weekend travel to races is available, NOT required.
      We offer competitive compensation, Pay is DOE and base plus performance
      Location: Corona CA Job Type: Full Time Company: TBT Racing Posted 5 days ago View the full job listing
    • By RSS Feed
      Are you looking for an organization that empowers its team members to learn, grow, and make a genuine impact? At Kawasaki, we offer this and so much more.
      We have an immediate opening for a Market Research Assistant.
      Position Summary:
      This position provides complete administrative and project support coordination for the Product Research team.
      Duties and Responsibilities:
      Coordinates and assists with the implementation of general product research projects. Coordinates initial planning of Location: Foothill Ranch, CA Job Type: Full Time Company: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. Posted 6 mins ago View the full job listing
    • By RSS Feed
      Looking for a head mechanic for the 2019 season. Please either send resumes on here or to dustin@hepmotorsports.com. Serious inquiries only.
      Location: California Job Type: Full Time Company: HEP Motorsports Suzuki Posted 2 mins ago View the full job listing
    • By RSS Feed
      Title: Parts Department Manager
      ID: Parts Mgr
      Description
      Department:   Parts
      Job Status:   Full Time
      FLSA Status:   Exempt
      Reports To:  General Manager (GM)
      Job Summary
      The Parts Department Manager is responsible for running a profitable and efficient Parts Department and ensuring that the dealership goals are met in the Parts Department. The Parts Department Manager plans, organizes, oversees and controls the activities of the Parts Department including the Parts department staff, the retail
      Location: Modesto, CA Job Type: Full Time Company: Honda Kawasaki KTM of Modesto Posted 4 days ago View the full job listing