Sign in to follow this  

2011 first ride

Hey guys, took out my bike today for its first ride after i stripped the whole thing down and greased it all up. Bike is wicked. Just came off a 2011 RMZ250. I love the handling of this bike it seems to stick in the turns better, but the forks are a bit soft i noticed. I love the way it handles rough straights im not sure but im assuming that steering damper helps a lot. My only complaint is the motor seems to gurgle as i get up in the RPM's. Id like to get a bit more top end out of it. Has anyone noticed this? I know all bikes sound different. And its got great power dont get me wrong. Seemed to just gurgle up in the rpms, and no it wasnt the rev limiter. |Cheers!! They say suzukis turn so well. but to be honest this thing turns as good, with a touch more traction! Im pumped. Gonna change the oils tonight, i love the split motor/transmission oils. Thats an awesome and smart design.

basically my 11 i did the .46 springs and the lowering link for the rear,the damper i redid the oil with 15 wt fork oil.iam 165lbs

mine would gurgle when ripping into a corner and having the throttle almost closed but steady,after a slight remap and the throttle insert it was gone.(not sure which helped cure it)

i think putting th yosh pipe on it and throw in a remap will waking the topend up.the stock muffler really stiffles it but is sure quiet! we roade all day yesterday at pemberton and was a blast.

Nice, ya i figure i need a remap after i put on the full fmf system. When I ride the bike i think it gurgles and sounds un normal. But i let my buddy who is top 10 in canadian nationals ride it and it sounded unreal. He was quite impressed with it. Power is great, I have my suspension at RMR right now. Hes revalving it all and re springing it. Have it for the race this weekend. I weigh 185. The forks are way too soft and unpredictable on big hits. I bottomed it Haaaard today like 5 times. I had my RMZ starting technique figured out. But this one seems so like a slow kick. Any tips? My engine oil level was higher after riding today by a bit. Seems as thought it smells a bit like fuel. But my RMZ250 did that too. I didnt think it did. But the smells are identical. Is this an issue? I wouldnt think so. Any more tips. Later guys. You racing kam this weekend bomax?

Wow, my friend has a 2010 crf and I can't stand of how sh!tty it turns! I and all my other friends agree that it just doesn't stick in a rut and turn. The only thing it does is go straight it seems. Haven't you read the writeup in MXA about this bike?

good grief, MXA doesnt mean jack. are you kidding me? You can make any bike good with proper set up. And you jump on a bike set up for your friends offcourse its not gonna be for you. What do you expect? I had my rmz set up with proper spring rates and it was great. I have my crf set up as best as i can with soft fork springs and it is just as good. My crf sticks in the corners better and isnt nearly as twitchy down straights. Stops on a freakin dime. I dont like the way the crankcase breather is routed i think its a retarted design on the honda. But then again im not an engineer so maybe its like that for a reason. Didnt you read the other mags? i think suzuki won 3 shootouts and crf took 2. Not that magazine shootouts matter. They rated the 2010 kxf first and i bought that, wicked engine. Worst push in corners ever! hated it. point being you have to set it up properly. i guess you dont realize that.

Weird part is, is that it has been set up a few different times. I know shootouts don't mean anything, but the bike does either go straight or oversteer, it's weird.

Are you just running the bike with stock specs right now?

mxa test riders are all vet novice guys that is a fact you can check their race results if you dont belive me and if you saw them ride you wouldent trust their weird any more. transworld motocross has real test rider with real credentials and they placed the 2011 crf250 in second

mxa test riders are all vet novice guys that is a fact you can check their race results if you dont belive me and if you saw them ride you wouldent trust their weird any more. transworld motocross has real test rider with real credentials and they placed the 2011 crf250 in second

You don't make any sense, who got first in TWMX?

You know exactly what hes saying. Ya its all stock. And if anything oversteers it was the suzuki, its a sharp turning machine and the spring rates are stiff!. The honda oversteers because the forks are too soft. Suzuki got first in MXA. And they got first because they have a wicked motor and chassis. But known tranny issues which i found. MXA is also the worst mag

You know exactly what hes saying. Ya its all stock. And if anything oversteers it was the suzuki, its a sharp turning machine and the spring rates are stiff!. The honda oversteers because the forks are too soft. Suzuki got first in MXA. And they got first because they have a wicked motor and chassis. But known tranny issues which i found. MXA is also the worst mag

MXA is not the worse magazine.

Talk about the best, most informative one out there.

Im not gonna argue with ya. Whatever mag you like i dont really care lol. Ill stick with racerx and transworld with legitimate test rider, pros all the way to beginner. And by the way you quote the crf20 how it just goes straight, maybe you should audition for a job to mxa. Fire off some more bs lol

when transworld was praising the current crf450 a few years back, guess what mxa said about it, it was crap, then a year later transworld agreed. guess mxa was right all along about the crf450, i know which mag i listen to!

when transworld was praising the current crf450 a few years back, guess what mxa said about it, it was crap, then a year later transworld agreed. guess mxa was right all along about the crf450, i know which mag i listen to!

+1, this "MxPro" guy needs to read more.

Who cares what mxa says. Every bike is diff for everyone. What works for you may not work for me and vice versa. No bike is great for anyone right out of the box. Ill ride it and base my own conclusion. Nice to see though you guys cant make you own decisions.

I will back ya here mxpro...imho if ONE mag is way out there (MXA ranking the CRF's dead last in their shootouts!!), and ALL other mags including DR&DB rank the CRF's no lower than 3rd, WHAT does that say??!!

if your name is rmzrider and you are such a suzuki fan why are you wasting your time on a crf forum my be you wish you had one

It might be because the Honda CRF250 is going to win both the east and west SX series this year??...........:thumbsup:

what 250F won the outdoor title last year??........hummm.....oh thats right it was a red one.....:confused:

whats the only bike that can out holeshot the rocketship PC Kawies??......yep Red again!!

It's a real good move the Geico Honda Team didnt listen to MXA...:worthy:

cant blame him for lurking now can we?........:busted:

Edited by 455
  • Like 1

It won motorcycle usas shootout, which was the best set up shootout i have seen yet. suzuki did great in that one too. Couple old school pros and new age ones as well. and second in transworld and it won racerx, Your lap times would be so close on all the bikes it would hardly matter, it would be whatever you felt the most comofrtable on, thats why i like suzuki and honda, handle awesome. I have an fmf exhaust on mine, backfire screen out, iTB insernt and a eddie sinseros map on the way, about 41 hp. and another hp with race fuel. Talk about a bloody rocket ship. Oh ya and my transmission didnt blow up like the zuki. Saweeeet!