I'm 6'5",110kg,I want low maintenance bike.?

G'day just a newby to this site, and I have a Question.

My biking background; I'm 37 rode dirt bikes up to 2003, last bike being a TTR600(alot has changed since then), been on(and still) got road bikes(all sorts,sports,motards) since 18.

I have ridden mates 2001 xr400 and anothers 2009 drz400 recently, seat too low to ride standing up, suspension too soft, abit more power would be also good. I have also ridden mates 2010 crf450, and anothers 2008 wr450f and love it except maintenance required, and seat abit hard.

I have just bought a crf50 for my young son and hope my daughter will be on it when she is 3 as well, I want to ride with them as well as go out with my mates who all rave about these new 450's. I want something second hand. I want to ride up steep hills, and general bush trails, no racing or big jumps.

I guess my question is, is there a bike in between these types of bikes? I'm willing to have abit less power and more weight than the current line up of 450's for abit of seat comfort and cruising. Is something like a ktm 525(530) suitable or does it fall into the same servicing regime as the 450's? What about the 690 which is a 654cc I believe, too heavy? What other options should I consider?

Thanks in advance for your opinions and advice, I eagerly await.

Are you going to be dual sporting? Because if not, get a 2 stroke trail bike like the KTM EXC 300. Lower maintenance, more power, less weight, and the KTMs are set up for taller people. They have plenty of low end torque too so they are easy to ride.

Cheers KJ55, I had'nt even thought of a 2 stroke, I'll look into that some more. Hmmmm dual sport! Looked at that at couple of times before I bought the 640 KTM motard, it puts me off abit as there is always a compromise, but I've decided to go straight dirt bike, something that, I wont cry when it gets crashed every so often.

Keep em' coming would the KTM 640 be any good for what I'm after, in the bush, or too heavy? Any other brands?

Are you going to be dual sporting? Because if not, get a 2 stroke trail bike like the KTM EXC 300. Lower maintenance, more power, less weight, and the KTMs are set up for taller people. They have plenty of low end torque too so they are easy to ride.

Cheers KJ55, I had'nt even thought of a 2 stroke, I'll look into that some more. Hmmmm dual sport! Looked at that at couple of times before I bought the 640 KTM motard, it puts me off abit as there is always a compromise, but I've decided to go straight dirt bike, something that, I wont cry when it gets crashed every so often.

Keep em' coming would the KTM 640 be any good for what I'm after, in the bush, or too heavy? Any other brands?

Wr450f