Sign in to follow this  

No toil filter questions

So I have a no Toil filter in my CRF250 and Im getting it ready for the season. I don't have the No Toil brand wash or oil. My question is do I really need those or can I use my regular laundry detergent along with some regular oil?

I would use either FFT or bel-ray oil on the filter. The no-toil stuff does not resist water spray as well and can let fine silt and dust through. The petroleum based oils need a solvent such as mineral spirits to dissolve the oil but the better filtering is well worth it.

I would use either FFT or bel-ray oil on the filter. The no-toil stuff does not resist water spray as well and can let fine silt and dust through. The petroleum based oils need a solvent such as mineral spirits to dissolve the oil but the better filtering is well worth it.

This is regurgitated garbage. Oiled properly you they are every bit as waterproof and dustproof as other filter oils. I have tested this in extremely dusty conditions as well as having water enter my airbox and have never seen dust or water spots in the boot. Get some oxy clean, and clean your filters often. You will be fine with whatever filter oil you decide to use so long as you maintain them.

This is regurgitated garbage. Oiled properly you they are every bit as waterproof and dustproof as other filter oils. I have tested this in extremely dusty conditions as well as having water enter my airbox and have never seen dust or water spots in the boot. Get some oxy clean, and clean your filters often. You will be fine with whatever filter oil you decide to use so long as you maintain them.

Thanks for the Oxy Clean tip..:thumbsup: