Rampart Gates open

Colorado

FS opened the gates and trails on the north end this morning.

Clear and dry, Not even too much dust.

Went hunting up there yesterday. Lots of wood and debris on the trails from the tree mowers. No dust, great traction, just had to pick my lines carefully to avoid a puncture.

Why did the "mow" the trees rather than log them? It seems like a waste of our resources.

Went hunting up there yesterday. Lots of wood and debris on the trails from the tree mowers. No dust, great traction, just had to pick my lines carefully to avoid a puncture.

Why did the "mow" the trees rather than log them? It seems like a waste of our resources.

Can't answer, but IMO "logging" them would mean big trucks, heavy equipment, access roads and a longer closure.

To make logging economically feasible, they tend to take pretty much everything, cut roads in/out etc... Not something I really want in my OHV area.

Buddy of mine said they opened about all the trails. Dont know if its true? We will be riding down there saturday.

I was up there Friday 4/29/11. Had a great time! Here are some videos of parts of the day. More later.

And a longer clip. This was footage was from an area where recent tree work was done. One may notice the tree debris on the trail.

Edited by Ksquared
Added third video

Hey Ksquared, That was me coming at you on the KTM at 3:23 into the clip "close call with girl on the quad" I was working hard to slow down after landing the woop, getting to my side of the trail, and my closed fist up to let you know I was riding alone. I was probably only going 18 mph but your clip shows how fast things happen.....one of the reasons I don't visit the Sprucewood Inn until after riding. Nice video and another great day at Rampart. See ya next time, Wooz

Things sure can happen fast! The bar trail is one of my favorites. Probably the one I am most careful on too. Never know who is coming up it.

Anyone ever ride to Rampart from Metro Denver? Aside from taking Santa Fe, anyone know of any good routes?