Ready for the track...

Pulled the carb and un-stuck the stupid float valve after sitting all winter. I am pretty good and pulling that thing out with out setting back the airbox. Started right up and sounded good. I will try and hit the track tomorrow to shake the dust off and get the body used to MX again. Wish me luck!

Hope Blue Diamond is good tomorrow. Just a little rain today so it should be sticky.

Good luck man post some pics, next saturday I am going to race my first motocross race.

Nice man! Ride it like you stole it.

Next winter, drive the carb flow empty with the fuel switch off. Next season it will only need a couple of kicks.

BLue diamond was excellent today. I was there later and it turned out really well. Do you know what they are doing with the big tapletop though?

No idea with the big TT gs, I don't do it anyway and never cared for it so I am ok with something smaller or different jump.

Good luck onefasthonda at your race!!

Nice man! Ride it like you stole it.

Next winter, drive the carb flow empty with the fuel switch off. Next season it will only need a couple of kicks.

I turn off the gas, run it dry, drain it, spray carb cleaner down and still it sticks every year. With gas in it sticks shut, sticks open with gas drained!! Pisses me offer. The little edges of the float needle appear to have a chemical reaction with the seat or guide. Oh well, could be worse.

I turn off the gas, run it dry, drain it, spray carb cleaner down and still it sticks every year. With gas in it sticks shut, sticks open with gas drained!! Pisses me offer. The little edges of the float needle appear to have a chemical reaction with the seat or guide. Oh well, could be worse.

use sea-foam its awesome stuff it should prevent that from happening:thumbsup:

If you are not going to be riding it for several months, (like sitting for a while), I would get some Yamaha or Kawasaki 'fogging oil' and spray some in the spark plug hole and on some other surfaces that may get surface rust.

The fogging oil works great, you want to use it in a ventilated area it, if you run it the fog in the air I am sure is not 'great on your lungs'...

Before I changed careers (started night-school and got in IT), I worked at a Kawasaki shop as a mechanic for about 8 years or so and the Jet-Ski's for winterization would just about smoke out everything when setting them up for storage...

I keep a can of fogging oil around still today, it is not evaporate like a lot of other lubricant's, and it leaves a film.

Also, I have ran VP leaded fuel in my race bikes since around 1990 or so, mixing it 50/50 with a small amount of fuel and putting some fuel stablizer will last quite a while. The leaded fuel does not break down as quickly as the pump fuel does. I know no one runs 87 in race bikes, but I remember the shelf life on 87 pump gas is only 30 days. I would suspect premium would be no greater than at max 60-90 days before it starts going down hill.