Sign in to follow this  

Jetting..

Hi, I am to rejet a couple of XR650Ls. One with a aftermarket exhaust the other without. Both are Desmogged and are going to do Dave's mods.

We will be ridding at 3,000 feet almost 90% of the time.

Can you please tell me which size jets I should use.

Thanks really appreciate it!

Found New 08' XR650L, Good Price, Bought It. Koubalink, Adjustable Kickstand, Rear Carrier Rack, & RS-2 Yoshimura Slip On, K&N Air Filter. QUESTION: " What Size And Kind Of Carb Jets Do I Need"? I Live & Ride In Oklahoma, Also I'm Not Good At Carb Work. Have Read A Lot Of Posts Here & Know Some Of You Know Your Stuff ! I Used To Own A 1983 XL600R, So I Kind Of Know What This Bike Is Capable Of.

Edited by HotterHD
History Update

Found New 08' XR650L, Good Price, Bought It. Koubalink, Adjustable Kickstand, Rear Carrier Rack, & RS-2 Yoshimura Slip On, K&N Air Filter. QUESTION: " What Size And Kind Of Carb Jets Do I Need"? I Live & Ride In Oklahoma, Also I'm Not Good At Carb Work. Have Read A Lot Of Posts Here & Know Some Of You Know Your Stuff ! I Used To Own A 1983 XL600R, So I Kind Of Know What This Bike Is Capable Of.

Since this is your first post i`ll cut you slack,,,,,,you start your own thread,do not take over someone elses........

B

Hi, I am to rejet a couple of XR650Ls. One with a aftermarket exhaust the other without. Both are Desmogged and are going to do Dave's mods.

We will be ridding at 3,000 feet almost 90% of the time.

Can you please tell me which size jets I should use.

Thanks really appreciate it!

Are you pulling the snorkle out???????puttimng in a UNI filter????????

If you are,a good starting spot is a 55 pilot and 158 main jet,about 2 1/4 --2 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw..this will get you close..:thumbsup:

B

Edited by brianhare

Are you pulling the snorkle out???????puttimng in a UNI filter????????

If you are,a good starting spot is a 55 pilot and 159 main jet,about 2 1/4 --2 1/2 turns out on the fuel screw..this will get you close..:thumbsup:

B

YES on De-snorkel and Yes on filter!!

I don't have the 159.. only a 158 and 160. Should I go up to 160 or 158?? Obvious that its better to try and compare until a good mix is achieved! But I want to start out with the best combo out of the gate!

Also, should I use the 55/XX combo on both? (remember there is one with an exhaust and the other w/o).

Thanks again!!

YES on De-snorkel and Yes on filter!!

I don't have the 159.. only a 158 and 160. Should I go up to 160 or 158?? Obvious that its better to try and compare until a good mix is achieved! But I want to start out with the best combo out of the gate!

Also, should I use the 55/XX combo on both? (remember there is one with an exhaust and the other w/o).

Thanks again!!

Sorry typo,FIXED,,,,,,,,,meant 158,,fat fingers:smirk:...........i would go 155 on the stock exhaust.....158 on the aftermarket exhaust.......:thumbsup:

Usually 55 on the pilot is good on both......

B