2012 KTM 250sx

Couldn't find a 2011 to buy. The more I've looked at buying a new yz250 or ktm250. The orange bike keeps standing out to me.

I don't currently have a bike. How long would I have to hold out before riding again if I went with the 2012 KTM? Don't know if I can wait until August before buying a new bike.

Edited by motoxhead

If you have your mind wrapped around getting a 2012 I would suggest going to your local dealer or one that tends to sell a lot of volume. Plunk down a deposit and tell them you want the first bike they get.

Should I expect to pay full retail for a 2012 KTM 250 sx?

I would think so. They are in high demand. Of course you might find someone that would cut you a deal since you are ready to put some money on one now.

Why don't you join KTMtalk.com? You can use there "get a quote" function for any existing 2011 bikes, and maybe even upcoming models. In any case, that is probably your best bet on finding such a high demand KTM.

BTW, the times are a changing. When I bought my 09 250 SX new, the OTD price was less than a leftover 08 200xc, and that's including an offroad revalve, big tank, handguards, and a pipe guard! They used to practically give the SX away. Now you can't find them.

I hear the 2012's will have linkage rear end on the sx and xc models, so if that's important to you, you might want to wait on the 2012.

when will the 2012 sx bikes come out? I think the 2011 bikes where allready out this time last year?

Im going down the same road with a 150sx.

Ive been hearing as early as july and as late as august.

Ive put a deposit down on my 150 as both dealers by me have had all their 2011s sold before they even got the shipment in.

In the KTM 4 stroke section the 2012s will have linkage and get some small valve changes in the forks, other then that nothigns different.

Id go in and put a deposit down, my place was only $100 and its completely refundable up untili go and sign papers so to have one reserved while u think is not a bad idea.

i got a really sweet 2011250sx for sale, i got hurt n forces me to sell tex me for pics, cant beat it, has everything already done, suspension exhaust, intake, bars 848-210-2782

Why don't you join KTMtalk.com? You can use there "get a quote" function for any existing 2011 bikes, and maybe even upcoming models. In any case, that is probably your best bet on finding such a high demand KTM.

BTW, the times are a changing. When I bought my 09 250 SX new, the OTD price was less than a leftover 08 200xc, and that's including an offroad revalve, big tank, handguards, and a pipe guard! They used to practically give the SX away. Now you can't find them.

Because I've never heard of KTMtalk.com!! Thanks, though. :thumbsup:

I spoke with a dealer who informed me he was going to place his 2012 orders the first week of June. He said he would give me a percentage off the list price. The 2012 sx doesn't have an MSRP yet. I'd be happy to give them $6200-6400 otd.

Would this seem reasonable?

Because I've never heard of KTMtalk.com!! Thanks, though. :thumbsup:

I spoke with a dealer who informed me he was going to place his 2012 orders the first week of June. He said he would give me a percentage off the list price. The 2012 sx doesn't have an MSRP yet. I'd be happy to give them $6200-6400 otd.

Would this seem reasonable?

Well, if your willing to put a deposit down on one you might.....might be able to snag one at that price. I'm sure someone will pipe in about how the dealership down the road from them sells them cheaper but the facts are that 2 strokes are picking up steam again in a big way. I called several states not too long ago trying to find a 2011sx and nobody had one.

Well, if your willing to put a deposit down on one you might.....might be able to snag one at that price. I'm sure someone will pipe in about how the dealership down the road from them sells them cheaper but the facts are that 2 strokes are picking up steam again in a big way. I called several states not too long ago trying to find a 2011sx and nobody had one.

Yea, I'm probably going to put down a deposit if he doesn't try to be a greedy ass with dealer costs. I'd pay $6700 for a new 2-stroke tomorrow if it was a KTM with linkage!!

I'm a member of KTMTALK and I can't locate the get a quote section. I'm sure I'm just blind and its right in front of me but I am unable to locate it.

Yea, I'm probably going to put down a deposit if he doesn't try to be a greedy ass with dealer costs. I'd pay $6700 for a new 2-stroke tomorrow if it was a KTM with linkage!!

Why Is linkage so important? I just bought a 2010 250sx and honestly I cannot tell a difference

Same here regarding the linkage. I have both linkage bikes (RM and CR) and non-linkage bikes, and to me the only difference is that I can't stand the constant bearing problems in the linkage bikes! Both systems work fine when set-up properly.

There was a recent DR test comparing the 150SX to the 250f SX, and test riders had almost no comments about any rear suspension differences.

I'm a member of KTMTALK and I can't locate the get a quote section. I'm sure I'm just blind and its right in front of me but I am unable to locate it.

It's in the header at the top of the home page

It's in the header at the top of the home page

OK, thanks for the help.:thumbsup:

Linkage because...I want a lower set height (5'9'' and used to an RM250). The linkage requires less fine tuning. Call me crazy but I can't help but think they are going with linkage for their newer bikes for more than just marketing reasons.

Yeah, linkage is better. How much? Ive been seriously thinking about a ktm But I have to admit that the no linkage was/is something Im not tottaly into. however if they do swap to linkage imagine the deals to be had on the non linkage bikes...

Yeah, linkage is better. How much? Ive been seriously thinking about a ktm But I have to admit that the no linkage was/is something Im not tottaly into. however if they do swap to linkage imagine the deals to be had on the non linkage bikes...

Letting that keep you from owning a KTM has kept you from enjoying some great bikes. Especially with the latest bikes, there reallyisnoreason to even think about it. I have never given it a second thought, except when removing the shock or replacing the heim or crossing a log or.......

As far as deals, I bet there won't be that many as most do not want linkage.