Sign in to follow this  

New Member With Question Re; 84 XL350R

Im stumped and Im calling out the experts for help!

I have a 1984 XL350r. Its a bitchen little bike but has 21000 miles on it and I have it apart to have the top end re-done. Im having trouble finding an oversize piston for this bike. Everywhere I look there piston kit for the XL model is out of stock. However the piston kits are available for the XR350r of the same year. They are different part numbers and I noticed that the clips for the piston pins are of different sizes(19mm for xl, 21mm for xr) Seems that I would not be able to use the XR parts in my XL engine OR? I really could use some good advice are sources.

I thank anybodt in advance for taking the time to read and respond.

hbmichael

David at XLintperformance was a godsend! Thank you brianhare! I wont be turning it into a racer......But Ill tell you its one heck of a fun bike to ride!

http://www.xlintperformance.com/performanceparts.htm

Honda still lists OE .25 and .50 over pistons in stock comp.........do they not stock them anymore........I`d be going big bore high comp,make the bugger scream:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

B

I had one of those 11.1 plungers in my old 72 xl250 with a stroker crank, it really woke that little bugger up..check out the pictires of it..

I had one of those 11.1 plungers in my old 72 xl250 with a stroker crank, it really woke that little bugger up..check out the pictires of it..

Pumpin up the compression makes the bike alive like it`s supposed to be,extra power is what makes it fun...:thumbsup:

B

If you get a chance, please post a pic of your 350. I had one as a teenager. Great bike.

Not sure how you upload pictures on here from my pictures. I dont see an attachement icon....But Id sure love to share some pics!

I think you have to post it on the internet somewhere else then link to it. There is an insert image icon on the reply box that asks for a link

Thank you for trying. Alot of good memories on that bike.

Post them to Photobucket or similar and then you use the "postcard" symbol above this line (only shows when you are POSTING) to add the location (pic) to your post.

Check out xrsolny. I use them for my 84 xr5. They have some cool aftermarket stuff for the old bikes too