Stock reed stop on Aftermarket Reeds???

I recently installed some Boyesen Power Reeds on my 2004 cr125r and used the reed stop (the small brass looking rail) that came with the reeds. After doing a little research I have read somethings saying that you should use the stock reed stop on the aftermarket reeds to prevent them from breaking. Which one are you guys running? Should I switch to the stock reed stop?

Maybe I'm way off the whole thing, but I figure I'd rather ask here than end up somewhere stranded with some snapped reeds.

Thanks for any Help

I always done away with the stock Reed stop and ran Boyesen reeds for a long time. Never broke a reed, that is how boyesen recommend them to be run.

I always done away with the stock Reed stop and ran Boyesen reeds for a long time. Never broke a reed, that is how boyesen recommend them to be run.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't had issues with them either

No worries...

They usually come with directions to tell you what to use reuse and not use.

Call the mfg to verify, I read the opposite, that the stock "wing" looking reed stops should be removed and the supplied stops installed.

I was wondering the same thing after installing Boyesen PRO series reeds in my CR500. I called the tech line and they told me to INSTALL the stock reed stops for my application.

p

Weird, I have been running the stock reed stops with Boyesen reeds for over a year now. I don't remember receiving a different reed stop application?

According to the installation instructions, it says bottom reed, top reed, rev plate, and then screws. That is how I installed them on mine. The rev plate is used instead of the stock reed stop right?