2 questions dirtbikes and mainteince

First question is about the 2011 dirtbikes maintence all brands

and second is what is so good about fuel injection??

1. Are the 2011 450s good on maintence like does honda eat valves or is that a myth basically pros and cons of maintence on these bikes.....

2. whats so good about EFI i mean i know it doesnt get flooded but does it have more power or what? and does it wear more parts than a carbuerated dirtbike?

not knowledable in 450s:banghead:?:banghead: plz help!

oh yeah one more are knee braces helpful or harmful i hear they can break your leg but save your knee?

Then you must have done it wrong, there are probably hundreds of threads that cover everything that you asked. And, if the search didn't work, go to each 450 forum, read about the bikes, go to the engineering forum, read about the EFI. These are all things that are almost brought up on a daily basis.

any and all 4 strokes will eat valves. there is no way you can open and close that many times and that fast forever.....some just eat them faster. efi......well we all have our opinions. for me, from an off road perspective, I know if my bikes carb goes gunnybag in the middle of nowhere all I need is a leatherman and I can get through it.....efi, not so much. if a guy was going to super tune, the efi could really make the last bit of difference.....if you had the necessary equipment to test and tune to that level.

one thing you will find is that every one of the bikes made does something better and something worse then the rest. it really is wise to one with easy to get parts and service if you need it and go from there....color be damned.

Theres nothing really wrong with any of the 2011 450s. And when I say 450s, I'm talking about the big four, seeing as KTM 450s aren't FI. And i've never heard of the CRF450 eating valves, but I have heard the CRF250 called a valve grenade. Basically, I'd call most bike failures operator error, especially modern 450s.

Whats so great about FI? It makes the bike respond much faster, less bogging, no screwing around with jetting, and all that. I've never owned a FI bike, but I've spent some seat time on a few, and I'd say it makes quite a difference. To you, EFI probably just means that you don't have to deal with a carb, because if your that clueless about 450s and EFI, than you probably don't understand carbs too.

As far as knee braces, I won't wear them, but my knees are perfectly good in condition. I know a few older guys who swear by them though. I've personally seen a friend break his leg because of his knee braces. He held his leg out around a turn, and when he planted his leg, his Tibia got pushed straight into his femur, and the ends of both sort of shattered.

Theres nothing really wrong with any of the 2011 450s. And when I say 450s, I'm talking about the big four, seeing as KTM 450s aren't FI. And i've never heard of the CRF450 eating valves, but I have heard the CRF250 called a valve grenade. Basically, I'd call most bike failures operator error, especially modern 450s.

Whats so great about FI? It makes the bike respond much faster, less bogging, no screwing around with jetting, and all that. I've never owned a FI bike, but I've spent some seat time on a few, and I'd say it makes quite a difference. To you, EFI probably just means that you don't have to deal with a carb, because if your that clueless about 450s and EFI, than you probably don't understand carbs too.

As far as knee braces, I won't wear them, but my knees are perfectly good in condition. I know a few older guys who swear by them though. I've personally seen a friend break his leg because of his knee braces. He held his leg out around a turn, and when he planted his leg, his Tibia got pushed straight into his femur, and the ends of both sort of shattered.

yeah i know of the crf 250 being a valve"grenade" butlike ive heard that hondas just eat valves and no i know alot about carbsand stuffbut just wondering pros and cons of opinions of other people ?

efi is on motorcycles because it is cheap to manufactor, easy to tune and almost and good as a properly set up carb(s).

i wont ride without knee braces but I have damaged both knees in the past (i am the one of the old guys mentioned above).