Sign in to follow this  

RMX 250 parts problems and questions

I have an 89 rmx 250 and I was wondering where should I go about finding a decently priced flywheel rotor, I have found the oem ones, but cheapest i can find is 212$ and I was wondering if I could go any cheaper on that or is that all I got? Also, I know the RMX's changed the exhaust outlet size in 93, so my 89 would have the same size as a RM I take it. If so, I have a pro circuit pipe off my old 95 RM 250 that I was hoping I could use on my 89 RMX 250, would that pipe be compatible with the RMX?

rm exhaust outlet changed also in 93

the 89 hole is bigger than the 95

but it's possible to cut out the hole from the 89 exhaust and weld it on the 95 exhaust.

My dealer did this for me, works perfect

I don't remember reading aboutr the rm 250 exhaust hole size changing ever, and the rmx's changed in 93-98. The pipe I want to put on 89 rmx is for a 95 rm 250, shouldn't the 95 rm hole be the same as a 89 rmx?

Nope, a '95 pipe will not fit on a '89 RMX. The bend and the exhaust port is totaly different. The best that you can do with your '89 RMX is to find a '90 RM250 pipe.

I don't remember reading aboutr the rm 250 exhaust hole size changing ever, and the rmx's changed in 93-98. The pipe I want to put on 89 rmx is for a 95 rm 250, shouldn't the 95 rm hole be the same as a 89 rmx?

thrust me, the exhaust hole changed.. I also thought the 94/95 exhaust would fit on my 91' rm, but it sure didn't. The hole difference is pretty big actually