Sign in to follow this  

I want to know what year my DRZ is ?

hi there i bought a drz400 for a bush basher, I bought it on the belief it was a 2003 starting to think it a really early one ?99 or 00. as the newer ones don't have the allan key bolt in the side of the head ( what's it there for anyway )

How can i tell ,???? frame number ??? anything else that may be a tell tail sings. i've hear people asking about the 10 digit on the frame number? is that correct.

The tenth digit will tell you what year it is. '97=V, '98=W, '99=X '00=Y. After that its just 1 for '01 etc.

Hope this helps,

DG

Edited by dgcars
oops

The tenth digit will tell you what year it is. '97=V, '98=W, '99=X '00=Y. After that its just 1 for '01 etc.

Hope this helps,

DG

thanks , just checked its 00 so its a 2000 not a 2003, ive been F*cked in the arse then, :thumbsup::foul:

For some reason, 10th digit doesn't work on Suzuki's. My 2006 DR650 has '0' as the tenth digit, not '6'. Every Suzuki I've looked at doesn't have the year model as the 10th digit.

thanks , just checked its 00 so its a 2000 not a 2003, ive been F*cked in the arse then, :thumbsup::foul:

Maybe not...

For some reason, 10th digit doesn't work on Suzuki's. My 2006 DR650 has '0' as the tenth digit, not '6'. Every Suzuki I've looked at doesn't have the year model as the 10th digit.

I should clarify....frame No. is different than Vin No. Depending on the country that the bike was made for, will determine whether or not it has a Vin. Frame numbers, in general, are stamped onto the steering head. A Vin no. is usually on a seperate 'plate' attached to the frame, usually in the same area.

working action

working fine, just rebuilt b4 i bought it, had fresh grease hanging out of it and was the cleanest part of bike

You can also try giving Suzuki a call, the folks in customer service can tell you a bit about the bike from the VIN number.

It worked for me....

Who cares about the year. If you like the bike then all is good. No F in the A.

Nice avatar from "down under"

thanks , it has no vin,only chassis number / engine

seams a little odd , so will get shop to check out to be sure

engine is K416-102310

chassis is js1be111100101435

I'm liking it , it heaps tamer than the 05 wr450 i had and i have a lemon as well in the BMW g450 i have as a motard