Sign in to follow this  

need suggestions on new bike,cant decide

since ive won my case,received a years worth of back pay the wife gave the go ahead on another bike. im narrowed it down to 2 bikes. im looking for pro/con of each. i mostly ride around town and rip around the lake.

-2003 ktm 525 exc. this was adult owned (54yr old guy) and it cherry. comes with both SM wheel sets/tires AND dirt tires/wheels. also has a set of plastics for street and one for dirt. has many basic up grades.

-2007 husky smr510. power up kit and new tires. clean and runs good. had the famous"garage drop" but everything else checks out. im a hard core ktm guy but open to the husky.

510's are nice, or maybe husaberg 570, or the new tm 660 whch is a 660 shoehorned into 450 frame, nice looking bike. cant go wrong with the 525 but

Either 1 is a great bike. The question comes down to whether you want/need the extras the KTM comes with or not.

Either 1 is a great bike. The question comes down to whether you want/need the extras the KTM comes with or not.

need,no. its not an issue of money either,just want the best bang for buck. i really like the way the husky feels,nimble i guess.

either one i get theres one thing ill need,a wider bar. something 32-33".

Well, I just noticed you live in Cali, you might check and make sure the KTM can keep it's plates. I'm not from Cali, but I see lots of posts about plating issues with converted dirtbikes in Cali. In '03, the 525EXC was not a factory 50 state legal bike. The Husky is a 50 state legal bike, so that's a non-issue with that bike.

Im from airzona and just bought a brand new 2011 husaberg fe570s tryied to talk to sum cali dealers they wouldn't even call me back i drove over 300 miles and pick mine up in tucson performence cycles what ever u dew dont by a husaberg there junk mine has a hour on it and the tail pipe melted the turnsignal the back tire rip the license plate off turnsignal lens fell off and the fuel pump fail all in one hour so eather buy a honda or dnt buy one at all lol........really bro i love my honda glad the wife didnt make me sell my 250f love it to death...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By fudgypup
      Garrett Poucher and Skyler Howes of Garrett Offroad Racing are headed to Dakar!  These US privateers are headed there for their first times but Skyler is fresh off a victory at last week's Baja Rally, won the Sonora Rally in March and this team placed third in the Baja 1000.

They have a fundraising link set up and could use your help.
      I raced with Garrett at Baja Rally last year and then both of them at Sonora and was honored to pit with them as well.  They're both super guys and work their assess off.  I think they both have good chances of not only finishing the 11 days of Dakar but placing well.
      They're doing some rally training events this Sat, Oct 20 in Santa Clarita, CA and then another Oct 28th in St. George Utah so if you've ever considered learning rally raid navigation, this is your chance!  It's a lot of fun too.  More info on that at the link.
    • By Big64N
      Good condition with a long list of high end upgrade parts.
      Rekluse EXP 3.0 with cover and slave
      EVO- Ellensburg suspension tuning for 6' 200# expert rider
      Fork bleeders
      Trail-tech map switch
      Moose 1-1/8 flex bar
      CYCRA probend bar guards
      SXS skid plate with linkage plate
      Clutch and water pump guards
      Frame guards
      Fastway Evolution III pegs
      SRT Pro Armor radiator and rear rotor guards
      Acerbic Front rotor guard
      TM designs chain guides
      DID race chain
      Renthal sprockets
      Gripper seat
      FMF F-bomb header
      Dirt Tricks timing chain tensioner
      Pro Wheel, wheels
      Tubliss front and rear
      New top end and valve adjustment 60 hours old
      Many more aftermarket parts as well as spare parts and service manuals included in the sale.  Willing to include 4 sets of tires with 80% tread left for full price.
      Great bike with plenty of life left and set up for anything from single track woods to wide open dessert.
      Can hang with any of the 450's but is much easier to handle in the tight woods.
      Priced to sell at $6000.00 
      Willing to consider reasonable offers but no trades or carry.
    • By filterx
      34 Days and what ever in Beautiful Chile
      http://www.fim-isde.com/home/
    • By Project57
      So if I can’t buy a used bike from out state looking for anyone that has or knows of a low mileage California 2017 / 2018 Beta 500 RRS?
      Thanks in advance!
    • By Project57
      Looking to buy a used Beta 2017 500 RRS from outside California.  Can I plate (Register with CA DMV) the bike in CA?  If so what is the best way?  Don't have the money to put down for a new bike from a Dealer in CA.  Any help or sugguestions would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.