Sierra Vista.

Arizona

Anybody from around there? Nice place? Good riding?

Looking for someplace other than Kansas. It looks like decent weather and I've been told it's one of the few areas in Arizona without a real crime or illegal problem.

Crickets are pretty loud here.

What kind of riding are you looking for? I don't know anything about sierra vista, but AZ is pretty darn diverse. I was weaving through pine trees today on some dusty trails. Does the Sierra Vista area have anything that somewhere else in AZ might not have? Seems that it would be a bit warm this time of year... Also, when are you leaving Kansas?

What kind of riding are you looking for? I don't know anything about sierra vista, but AZ is pretty darn diverse. I was weaving through pine trees today on some dusty trails. Does the Sierra Vista area have anything that somewhere else in AZ might not have? Seems that it would be a bit warm this time of year... Also, when are you leaving Kansas?

Single track and nasty, extremely tough technical trails. Why bother with anything else? :thumbsup:

It looks like the weather is good due to the altitude, housing is reasonable and low crime. There's a large Army base there which probably makes a difference. Kansas sucks and I'm looking at other places.

I have land down there(near there) Wife and i RV camp down there all the time. Never rode but it has to be great cause of the terrain, big mountains,trees,deer etc. And it's tranquill to us. As for the illegals, we kind of notice that they just pass thru that area,they have no desire to live there. I would not say no crime,that can happen anywhere near the border, there is not much border security in that area. All in all i think you'd like it. Especially coming from Kansas (sorry) P.S. Ask LOX, i think he lives down there.

I'm pretty sure theres not a lot of singletrack there........

sierra vista doesn't have much gnarly ST. mostly DS stuff. I am in tucson and there is a lot of great riding in north tucson. but sierra vista is a little bit of a drive from north tucson.