Premix oil calculator

Here is a link to a site that calculates gas and oil ratio's, some posts that had links to a calculator are dead, this site is really good if you like to mix in small batches to keep fuel fresh, it does U.S and metric, note the metric for oil shows up at the bottom of the page if your not looking closely.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/oilfuelcalc.html

Nice find!

holy crap I am getting old, I never thought I would see a ratio-rite as out dated. even mixing fuel has gone digital!

holy crap I am getting old, I never thought I would see a ratio-rite as out dated. even mixing fuel has gone digital!

No no, the ratio-rite is still king. :thumbsup:

How about using 3 ounces per gallon? That always worked for me. 128 ounces in a gallon, divided by 3, equals 42.6 to1. That works for racing or trail riding. If I only need a half gallon of premix, use 1.5 ounces.

We don't need to make a painfully simple thing complicated.

How about using 3 ounces per gallon? That always worked for me. 128 ounces in a gallon, divided by 3, equals 42.6 to1. That works for racing or trail riding. If I only need a half gallon of premix, use 1.5 ounces.

All that math is making my head hurt

How'd you do that? :thumbsup:

I like this converter, I was around when Canada went from imperial to metric and I still get f-ed up once in a while, we had imperial gallons to contend with and U.S gallons now we have litres, I like to make small batches of premix fuel for my chainsaw, weed whacker and blower so I don’t have to have anything laying around during winter even though I use stabilizers, excuse me while I go to McDonalds and get a 113.40 grammer with cheese.

It's so sad that, thanks to our educational system, so many people can't do simple math any more. Ratio Rites? Online Calculators? Geeze, how hard is it to divide 128 (ounces in a gallon) by the ratio you want to find the number of ounces of oil you need?

Or are people really just that mentally lazy?

Oh Chokey, your always right! :thumbsup:

Oh Chokey, your always right! :thumbsup:

He does have a point. 128 ounces is very hard for many people to grasp. :confused:

He does have a point. 128 ounces is very hard for many people to grasp. :thumbsup:

I don't have that many fingers and toes, so I get the calculator out. :confused:

just use a ratio rite.

Lack of education and use of ratio rites......I guess I must be dumb, do you pack a shot glass to measure ounces or just guess? I think its tough to beat the ease of the ratio rite....course' I did struggle with the complex algorithms of ratio measurement.

I don't have that many fingers and toes, so I get the calculator out. :confused:

I only have 21 digits and one of them is too short to count. :thumbsup:

I only have 21 digits and one of them is too short to count. :thumbsup:

Muahahahaha :confused: