This is why were running The SKF Fork seals

I just pulled these out of former pro GNCC rider Corey Arbogast KTM 450XCF forks.

Believe it these forks were not leaking and were in for a service.

I can assure you if they were any other seal they would have been leaking.

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

Pete gave me a set of those to test. :thumbsup:

Pete gave me a set of those to test. :thumbsup:

Man I thought you would of been on that band wagon already Steve:banana:

Man I thought you would of been on that band wagon already Steve:banana:

Ive got 3 bikes just waiting for one of them to spring a leak first.....:thumbsup:

do they feel smoother, or plusher when u ride?

do they feel smoother, or plusher when u ride?

:thumbsup:

Does anyone know where you can purchase these seals wholesale ?not a reseller suspension shop

Good work Russ! It is pretty cool the abuse SKF 's take. A few of my guys that are in NC and SC really have a thumbs up for the SKF's they really seem to keep the sand out of there forks.

I've got a whole boat load of customers with these and are getting abused every weekend. Knock on wood I've not had a single one leak yet.

I don't even mess around with anything else anymore. It really is such a relief to have to not worry about leaky seals all of the time.

MxTech is the only place I shop:banana:

I bought it on KTM shop like Hasaberg parts, low price than KTM analog.

some one must have tried the cheaper on for the wp in the kyb by now? it's only the price that puts people off and ktm have shown the oil seal itself is cheaper than the 2011 oils seal so they don't actually cost more to make

The only drawback that I can see at all is now you have to talk your customer into an oil change. Because before the SKF seals , the seal would leak and you would get the fork back in the shop and replace the seals and oi. As most people seem to wait for the seals to leak to change the oil.

I can assure you if they were any other seal they would have been leaking.

:thumbsup:

agreed - and that's something what SKF imgho doesn't promote that well.

For me, the main advantage of those seals is a better durability compared to other brands.

And then, of course, the less stiction even after quite some time.

What makes them seal better without increasing the stiction?:thumbsup:

they are a different blend of compound, you can feel it with your hands.

Sounds good. I was trying to image how many sealing ribs, thinking that might be it. I hope to be able to order some next week, mine are leaking.:thumbsup:

they are amazing. as mog stated you can tell they're different by the feel alone. then install them and work the fork and it feels like they aren't in there.

I have 50 hours riding time on mine and they're perfect. My friends fork is on the garage waiting for a set. They are very cheap to order directly from KTM as Husaberg parts. At least my dealer has them cheaper than any other seal available for KTM.

ktm uk wont have them till june 16th....annoying...

Hate to rain on your parade but I'm not convinced these work any better than my OEM Kawi seals. I installed them with fresh oil and bushings. The first thing I noticed was that the slider would develope a thin film of oil on them. At first I figured it was from assembly but after a few rides it still appeared.

A few weeks ago we had a mud session after an April snow storm and the seals leaked on the next ride.

upon inspection, the wipers had alot of mud inside of the wiper seal and the seal itself had some dirt under the lip.

To be fair this is exactly what would happen to the OEM seals.

I have cleaned them out and increased the spring tension on the wiper spring (cut about 1/4" out of the spring). We will see how it goes from here.

My opinion is that they are not worth the $.