Oil for my 450 Ktm

Hey everyone I know there are a few oil questions on here but they all seem like they are for the newer models but I have a 04 Ktm 450 sx and my manual calls for a full synthetic 10-50 for my climate how important is both the full syn. as well as weights I know maxima makes a 15-50 and bel ray makes a 10-50 does anyone run these oils or have any other suggestions

I've been using the Rotella 15-40 synthetic. Its cheap. its been working for me. I change it every other ride, which for me is about 150 miles (or less)

buy it cheap, change it often.

+1 on the rotella. i dont use the syn, but still good oil. walmart has the "T" non syn for 13 bucks a gallon and "T6" syn for i think 25 a gallon. the manual says to change my oil every 10 hours i do it about every 5 so i dont feel i need the syn oil. thats just me not starting an oil war here.

Rotella 15-40 diesel oil?

Don't let the "diesel" fool you. Thats just marketing.15 40 is 15 40.

The only reason I say that is cause I'm a diesel mechanic and we are a rotella dealer and rotella diesel oil is made for EGR motors and is high in ash and detergents to help with the soot and acids that the EGR systems put back into the oil. Not saying that's bad im just not used to systems that share motor oil and clutch oil

The only reason I say that is cause I'm a diesel mechanic and we are a rotella dealer and rotella diesel oil is made for EGR motors and is high in ash and detergents to help with the soot and acids that the EGR systems put back into the oil. Not saying that's bad im just not used to systems that share motor oil and clutch oil

do a search here or the ktm forum, lots of people use rotella in their bikes with good results. it is now JASO MA certified which is what the ktm manual says to use.

Well that is good to know I guess I didn't look that far into it and that's good news cause I can get it at cost thanks guys I will look into that more