Sign in to follow this  

O-ring cgain on 09 250R

Has anyone run an o-ring chain on an 09 CRF250? I would like to, but it looks like there might be some clearance issues between the case and chain.

RK GB520MXU

It's narrow, clears the case...The lightest sealed chain you can find, and GOLD.

Darn it! I bought a Renthal works gold chain-just barely rubs the case. I have heard people talk about a spacer/shim you can buy to push the sprocket out. Ever heard of this? I would be concerned a little about alignment.

also you can get the DID vt2 its a xring and also narrow,i have rean them for years on the 450 and 250.and there gold too.very little stretch.

also you can get the DID vt2 its a xring and also narrow,i have rean them for years on the 450 and 250.and there gold too.very little stretch.

Yes, after a lot of looking, that is what I came up with as well. This appears to be the only one that I have found that will fit. Problem is, most outfits dont make it clear that this chain will or will not fit the CRF250. It actually comes up as being used on the old NX models(yes, not one of Hondas better ventures). I cant be the only person who has run into this issue.