Sign in to follow this  

Drz 400 white smoke from pipe and airbox

Bike will push start only. And you have to keep running, clean oil coming from pipe and airbox... When I checked oil I noticed level it was 1/4 in above full...is there too much oil or can it be a seal

head gasket time? drain the oil and look for a Chocolate milkshake.

Ok so problem fixed.... I drained oil and changed filter

The bike started no problem and stopes the oil leak,

The was only a little smoke but that was the residual from pipe...

I rode 124 mile ride the next day and all was good

Bike will push start only. And you have to keep running, clean oil coming from pipe and airbox... When I checked oil I noticed level it was 1/4 in above full...is there too much oil or can it be a seal

you've got a leaky petcock that lets gas flow into the crankcase.

gas in the crankcase causes the running problems you detailed and thats why it was overfilled too

fix your petcock

well i really thank you for the last post..... I didnt even say anything about the leaky gas and water like oil when i changed it... and you kew the problem....thank you...anyway.. after i changed the oil (clean but almost like water, but didnt really smell like gas) )and it started running again, i noticed that the ped cock was leaking....i rubbed some soap on it for a really temp fix.... i still did the ride, it ran good but something still didnt seem right as far as power goes..

well thanks again, i plan to change the oil again and replace the gasket on the ped cock....and hit the road again