Fuel leak at the carb.

I just found a fuel leak on my 00 E. I Didnt notice the leak before I went for a short ride but when I got back I found it leaking gas. It looked like it was coming from the float bowl gasket. I pulled it all apart and the seal does not look bad. I just wanted t see if anybody else had had this problem and if there anythink else I need to look for while I have it apart. Thanks in advance

Jake

Could be debis at the float needle seat, a float out of adjustment, a loose float bowl or a bad float bowl gasket/oring. Could also be a leak at the fuel inlet elbow.

I went back out and gave it all a good shot of carb cleaner. The bowl was spotless. I threw the tank back on and looked again. Turns out it is the accelerator pump. Its coming up thru the shaft tube. So I guess now is the time to install an aftermarket setup. But are they worth it?

Nope, not at all worth. They are 99.999% hype and bling.

Just but a new diapghram and oring for the pump, maybe a new return spring.

Nope, not at all worth. They are 99.999% hype and bling.

Just but a new diapghram and oring for the pump, maybe a new return spring.

That is what I figured. Thanks for the input. :thumbsup:

I'm having this same problem. Well mine seems the same; it looks like it's leaking from the float bowl gasket, but after sitting for a few days after riding is smells like gas and I gas see that it's leaking.

I'm having this same problem. Well mine seems the same; it looks like it's leaking from the float bowl gasket, but after sitting for a few days after riding is smells like gas and I gas see that it's leaking.

That is where mine ended up being. The gasket was blown out around the accelerator pump fuel passage. I replaced the bowl gasket and the diaphragm and spring while I was in there as well. It was kind of hard to spot. I pulled the carb off and made sure the bowl was full then I worked the throttle ( being sure not to let the fuel squirt into the intake port on the head. I had to watch carefully but I could see it coming out between the bowl and the base of the carb. Hope that helps

Jake