crank question

About to purchase a crank for my 02 cr 250. the seller is selling one from a 03 cr. i was wondering if these cranks interchange. i know cylinders are interchangeable from 02-04 but not sure on the cranks. anyone have any info on this ?....thanks for the help !

They are the same.

id check out crankworks inc in tempe, AZ. he does most of the factory teams' cranks and forges his own rods. very reasonably prices as well

I found a good one on ebay but it says 02-07 ?? are these interchangeable or not ?...crankworks look to be as expensive as a new one....id love to get one but im currently rebuilding a 450 and a 250 and the 250 is a practice bike so the money has to go to the race bike...sucks but, gotta make the budget build somewhere and not wanting to do that on the race machine....thanks for all the help and recommendations

what are they asking for a crank? i bought a 02 back in 02 and trail rode for a couple months and wanted to get the crank ballanced but didn't want the down time so i bought a new crank and had it ballanced so i have a 02 crank slight used setting in a closet in the house and would let it go at a very good price. if you are interested. it is the crank that came in the bike new.

89 bucks for the crank....so this crank is in great condition ?....let me know what youd ask for it and how good of shape its really in. Needing to get one really soon and get this bike back together....thanks

brandnew one from service honda is $220 plus shipping. i wouldnt waste time on a used one unless you can confirm 100% its in good shape, even then i wouldnt pay over $50

yeah i know, i really want to buy new but...im currently rebuilding my 450 from the bottom up so...there goes the cash flow...thats why i need to find a really good deal on a decent crank...tidtid, fill me in a little on yours and maybe we can talk.

I'd listen to KTM548

and look at recouping your money elsewhere, like taking the bus to school or work, and just pay for a new crank. IT's not worth saving $100 by buying a used crank . YOu're better off taking a risk on a used carb or triple clamps, because if they turn out bad, it's very easy to swap out. But this is a CRANK...if the odds don't go in your favor, and turns out to be a bad crank, look at what you're up against.....you have to pull the motor out of the frame, take out everything down to the cases, and then split the case just to replace a crank, plus the cost for a new gasket kit.

Yeah thats what im leaning towards....i appreciate all the comments....might have to wait a wk or so unless someone has a new one they want to unload at a low price :thumbsup:

Yeah thats what im leaning towards....i appreciate all the comments....might have to wait a wk or so unless someone has a new one they want to unload at a low price :confused:

in order of best options

1) rebuild by someone who know how ( more true than factory ) might cost $150ish all in all

2) new O.E.M

3) hot rods

NEVER WISECO love the pistons but the cranks not so much

i just rebuilt my 01 cr250's crank it cost $60 for labor and i got a cheap pro-X rod kit off ebay for $50 end result was 0 runout on the left and only.001 on the right il take that for $110 :thumbsup: kenoconnorracing.com

also i hear surf and turf racing dose really good work as well