New to Forum and Motorcycles - Bought a DRZ400S - Wanna Change Color

Hi All,

I just bought a bright yellow DRZ400S and the first thing I want to do is completely replace all the yellow parts with black.

I also want to replace the large front fender with a sleeker more angular one like the one that comes on the SM model.

Can I just buy a whole Acerbis Plastic kit for the SM and it will fit on my S? Is the only difference the front fender?

Does the headlight shroud come with the Acerbis kit or is that separate?

What are the most popular ways to change the gas tank color?

What are the most popular oversized tanks? Do any plastic ones come in shiny finish?

Also what is the general consensus on the Low Dual Sport/Comfort seat from Seat Concepts?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

223088_10150558722300247_757645246_18241159_6848934_n.jpg

headlight shroud doesnt come with the acerbis kit.

i just changed my black plastics to yellow and got a relentless suzuki graphics kit made up. all blends in with the black tank and black headlight shroud now :thumbsup:

Let me know if you want to sell your headlight and radiator shrouds.

my black to yellow conversion :thumbsup:

51q2rq.jpg

read the faq,, do the fixes,cosmetic mods are ongoing... welcome to the fam

Best way to change plastics is just go acerbis. They're not exact but they'll fit fine. As far as the headlight and gas tank go you can always just get a bigger tank / new headlight or buy an OEM headlight and repaint the tank.

OEM Light plastics here:

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/oem.asp?partcategory=432822&manufacturer=5&category=3&year=2007&model=10128

I think they look way cooler if you just rip off all those old stickers and throw something on like akaDAN showed above.

Black Acerbis kit, w/ IMS tank. You should be able to pick up a used tank on ebay as these show up all the time when guys swap out for larger tanks.

IMG_0973.jpg

My black and yellow conversion with Polisport front fender, Renazco seat, IMS fuel tank and Electrosport headlight.

DSCN2027.jpg

Mike :thumbsup::confused:

i have a choice of 3 different looks

DSCF7485.jpgbike22.jpgbike1.jpg

i use the black look ATM

Why would you put a kawasaki sticker kit on it like that?

So are there two separate Acerbis kits, one for the S and one for the SM or just one for both? I have an S but would like the SM front fender, so I dont wanna buy a full S kit plus a separate SM fender.

And I like those over sized tanks but does anyone make one with a shiny black finish?

Also what's the general view of the low seat from Seat Concepts?

Thanks guys!

Why would you put a kawasaki sticker kit on it like that?

it came new from kawasaki like that :thumbsup: ...... its true ya know

headlight shroud doesnt come with the acerbis kit.

i just changed my black plastics to yellow and got a relentless suzuki graphics kit made up. all blends in with the black tank and black headlight shroud now :thumbsup:

Do you still have the black parts?

hold out for a while one will show up at a decent price.

Let me know if you want to sell your headlight and radiator shrouds.

Will do. I guess once it's all black I may as well.

Edited by Excite-Bike
My black and yellow conversion with Polisport front fender, Renazco seat, IMS fuel tank and Electrosport headlight.

DSCN2027.jpg

Mike :thumbsup::confused:

Very nice bike! Me likey!

So... does anyone have any input on my question about replacing the plastics on my DRZ-400S with a full Acerbis Kit but going with an DRZ-400SM front fender instead of the S version? Will I need to buy each piece separately then? Can I just use a full SM kit on my S? Is there even more than one kit or just one for both bikes?

And any input on the Seat Concepts low seat?

Black Acerbis kit, w/ IMS tank. You should be able to pick up a used tank on ebay as these show up all the time when guys swap out for larger tanks.

IMG_0973.jpg

Ok so I got the black Acerbis DRZ400 kit from this website and I cannot for the life of me get the freakin rear fender on. What the hell is going on here? It really seems like it will not fit! :thumbsup: