Sign in to follow this  

650l

I just took the plastic wings off the sides of the gas tank on my new 650l. I think it looks much better. I'm wondering if it is ok to leave them off. Are they critical to engine cooling? My bike is all stock so far, but I did do the smog block off. I've heard it will run too hot if I leave the wings off. Most of my rideing is on road. Thanks.

I just took the plastic wings off the sides of the gas tank on my new 650l. I think it looks much better. I'm wondering if it is ok to leave them off. Are they critical to engine cooling? My bike is all stock so far, but I did do the smog block off. I've heard it will run too hot if I leave the wings off. Most of my rideing is on road. Thanks.

It`ll run hotter at high speed on slab,jet it properly will help some though,but they were put there for a reason...

B

get a clarke and you will be fine. trust me you will hate that stock 2.8g very fast.

I ran without wings on my stocker tank for two weeks on the slab, 50deg F it never got very hot, but I don't know about summer temps

Like Brian said they were put there for a reason, running on the slab the bike will get hot.

Put em back on or get a big finned head or oil cooler or both..

Like Brian said they were put there for a reason, running on the slab the bike will get hot.

Put em back on or get a big finned head or oil cooler or both..

:confused::smirk: hey pops............yup,oil cooler is the cheapest way,big fins are frikin cool though..olds cool..........:thumbsup:

B

:confused::smirk: hey pops............yup,oil cooler is the cheapest way,big fins are frikin cool though..olds cool..........:thumbsup:

B

Stop it with the #$%^ed oil cooler! You know I covet your oil cooler and yet you continue to taunt me with it! :worthy::busted::lol:

Stop it with the #$%^ed oil cooler! You know I covet your oil cooler and yet you continue to taunt me with it! :thumbsup::worthy::lol:

:busted::p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

100_0170.jpg

100_0164.jpg

Here`s some new pics,,with the Skidplate and exhaust finally on..:confused:

same as you teasing me with the header....

B

Edited by brianhare

OK, that was funny !!! :worthy:

:confused:

here, covet some more :thumbsup:

only this one is $40 on ebay :busted::

IMG_2977.JPG