Polini Clutch Spring Stacks

Interested in clutch spring stacks for 3-shoe clutch. According to the manual they stock form is |()()()(), but it is not tight enough and the clutch engages instantly. Also, is there anywhere else to get the spring washers? How about the straight shims? Any help would be great.

Brad

Don't know if KTM stuff will work in yours, but they work in our LEMs.

i had heard that they would work but wasn't for sure. It pretty much looks like every other 3-shoe that i have seen.

If they are the same. K2 has good quality stuff. They also have a flat shim kit. Comes with a variety of thicknesses. I always ran SS washers. Last a lot longer than the carbon steel washers.

http://www.k2parts.com/

well i got everything put back together, but must have done something wrong. I followed my manual, but now when i roll the bike, the motor is turning over. I am sure i put something on wrong but can't figure out what, any ideas?

Not sure what kind of budget you're on and what model you have (x1 or x3) or how long you plan on keeping the bike, but if you are going to have it for a few years and put a tomar clutch in it.

it is an X3, and i have already been looking into the Tomar($$), but for the meantime i am trying to get this 3-shoe figured out. I guess even with a good reputation and a good deal it doesn't always work out that way, but i am determined to get this thing going

it is an X3, and i have already been looking into the Tomar($$), but for the meantime i am trying to get this 3-shoe figured out. I guess even with a good reputation and a good deal it doesn't always work out that way, but i am determined to get this thing going

Something is probably shimmed wrong, like the shim(s) for the clutch drum on the crank. If it were the shoes you wouldn't have been able to slip in onto the crank and into the drum.

i had heard that they would work but wasn't for sure. It pretty much looks like every other 3-shoe that i have seen.

The "stack washers" (bellvue springs) are probably the same, but the bike more than likely dosen't use the same stacking arrangement as the KTM.

For example, our LEMs use the same washers as the KTM, but the LEM clutch uses 11 in each shoe, and KTMs use 14, I believe.

LEM stack: ()()()()()( + |

I think I remember the KTM as : ()()()()()()() + |

Still, the individual parts are the same.

I can look when I get home to see how the stack looks on our X3 and report back.

i think i figured it out, first i over-tightened the clutch bolt, second i think it is a KTM clutch in the bike. My washer stack went like this |)()()()()(), works great now, rips like a mother:thumbsup:

i think i figured it out, first i over-tightened the clutch bolt, second i think it is a KTM clutch in the bike. My washer stack went like this |)()()()()(), works great now, rips like a mother:thumbsup:

Glad you figured it out; that is an LEM stack.

I'm new to this whole clutch thing and have been researching a topic somewhat like this and stumbled upon the following youtube video...hope this helps.

Cobra and ktm are different size from each other but you can measure the I'd, of and thickness then go down to fastenal for about 20 dollars you can get a bag of 100. Fastenal also has the shims too.