Head Options

I have an 04 KX250F and its not starting,the intake and 1 of the exhaust valves are leaking,so I either need to get this head fixed or buy a new one,I contacted a local place to do the Head and they wanted $560 to install new seats and cut them,and a new head is $500,but it would still have the old valve seat material that the 04 came with,so would I really need to get new seats or could I just get the seats recut,or just buy a new head,did Kawasaki change the valve seat material in 05?,and what other places do valve cutting fo these heads?:thumbsup:

Napa should fix you up for WAY cheaper then 560.

ibtpsdmxt.

that's "in before the pr1mal suggests dave at mxtime." lol

ibtpsdmxt.

Well there ya go.. Of course I'm gonna suggest dave at mxtime.com

$425 dollars gets you seats cut, new valves, new valve seals, new valve springs, & decarbonize the head!

Second to the OP.. buying a new head for 500 dollars does not include the valve train.. So you would still need new valves, valvesprings, valve buckets, collits, and seals.

ibtpsdmxt.

:thumbsup:

i am amazed at how easy the 04 250f starts with a good head.

When I installed my head fresh from the shop, and went to fire, I did the first kicks to compression half kicks...well it fired up with those alone. i was actually shocked.

good luck getting your head worked. I was going to send my head to dave at mxtime, but after punching the numbers with my local shops, i was able to get the head rebuilt for less...but that was getting parts at just over cost. if i were to have to pay retail pricing, i would have sent mine in to mxtime without a doubt.