Sign in to follow this  

07 crf 450 bearing question!?!?!?!

I am starting to think my shock bearings are shot. When you guys and gals pick up your bike is there a tap right when the rear wheel leaves the ground? or right when it just hit the ground? PLEASE HELP

yes, there is a tiny amount of play in the shock linkage that makes a bit of a clunk when you go from bike off ground, to bike on ground even when pretty new. THe lower shock bearing wears 3x as fast as any other bearing in the linkage however.. so at some point undo that one nut, and slap some grease in there.

yes, there is a tiny amount of play in the shock linkage that makes a bit of a clunk when you go from bike off ground, to bike on ground even when pretty new. THe lower shock bearing wears 3x as fast as any other bearing in the linkage however.. so at some point undo that one nut, and slap some grease in there.

Thank you for the feed back!!! I think I should replace that bearing than, I ride about once a week and have never replaced that bearing and the bike is a 2007. What about the upper shock bearing, does that wear fast??

I wouldnt sweat the klunk too much really. Look at how many bearings are in the rear suspension. Each one of those has a tiny bit of play and it all adds up and then gets multiplied by 4 at the rear wheel.

By all means, if you find a bad bearing replace it. But you may never get all the play out of the final 1/8" of the extension of the rear.