Sign in to follow this  

How much should I ask for a set of wheels?

I have a set of OEM chrome clad wheels for a 2500 Dodge Ram and was wondering what I should I be asking for. I think $300 is good. What do you guy's think?

I have a set of OEM chrome clad wheels for a 2500 Dodge Ram and was wondering what I should I be asking for. I think $300 is good. What do you guy's think?

Alloys go for around 500-600. 300 may be a smidge high. I have the same wheels from my Dodge, I bought a set of Laramie alloys. I looked all over craigslist and ebay, so got a good idea what the going prices where. I'd say the chrome clad steel wheels, 250 would be TOPS. I kept mine, maybe for a set of HD snow tires??? Check craigslist and ebay to see what they are going for. What is the condition of yours and how bad do you want them out of you way??

This might sound backwards, but you can often get more money and easier sales by offering the wheels individually.

People will buy 1 to replace a damaged wheel or to have a matching spare, but they have no use for a whole extra set.

• Like 1

This might sound backwards, but you can often get more money and easier sales by offering the wheels individually.

People will buy 1 to replace a damaged wheel or to have a matching spare, but they have no use for a whole extra set.

That's a very good point:thumbsup:

This is a good idea. I always am looking for someone selling two stock steelies for puting a set of snow/mud tires on for my cars for quick swaps. Guys that won't split a set of 4 missed out on a sale of at least 2 from me. So I would list the 4 and quote an each price so you open up your selction of buyers.

I am all for some wanting to buy just one or two of the wheels. I have the room to keep them stored and there's no rush.