Sign in to follow this  

Part availability?

I'm stuck between purchasing a KTM250sx and a yz250. The $450 difference in price and the new modifications had me leaning towards a 250sx. However, there are none to be found until the 2012's reach dealers. Not really feeling the long wait.

The yz250s can be had by a few dealers. My only concern is from a person who bought a fixer'up 2 year old 2004 Rm250 and rode it for 5 years. If it isn't clear yet I plan on keeping my new 2-stroke a long time. Should I be concerned about finding parts for the yz250 in 3...4..5...6...7...8 years from now?

Thanks for your suggestions! (Unbelievably excited about buy my first new bike)

No worry on parts.

There are '09's-'10's-'11's YZ's left over if you look for them.

There have also been multiple threads lately with links in them.

Also look in Cycle Trader and use a search engine that pulls all Craigslists for all areas.

Here's one to start you off.

New leftover 2009 YZ250

Oh yeah, just realized I responded in the other thread. I'll leave this up just to remind anyone looking.

With so many yz 250's sold, Yamaha coudl stop sellign parts tomorrow and we would be ok. Great aftermarket and ebay support. Plus, the factories dont discontinue parts that sell and make them money, no matter how many years pass.

I agree... I have 4 Yzs and no trouble finding parts. Amazing aftermarket support. I just restored a 96 Yz 250 and replaced every moving part on the bike and found it very easy to find parts. I dont think I had to even wait on any parts due to sites like Rockymountainmc, btosports and motosport keeping all the parts in stock!

I've had no problem reviving a 92 WR250, a modern YZ250 is cake to source parts for.

Yamaha tends to be very good about parts until you get back to the late sixties, which isn't surprising. There are lost of sources for those as well.

I never worry. I just sneak into Carvers garage when hes at work.....no problem on parts. His RZ rides VERY nice as well. I just reverse the mileage like the kids did to their dads Ferrari in that movie Ferris Buellers day off.

I never worry. I just sneak into Carvers garage when hes at work.....no problem on parts. His RZ rides VERY nice as well. I just reverse the mileage like the kids did to their dads Ferrari in that movie Ferris Buellers day off.

What a pal. Does the mileage removal end up the same way?

That's good news! The RZ is actually getting better mileage than I thought!

And the local chicks now think I'm better looking.....

#winning!

That's good news! The RZ is actually getting better mileage than I thought!

And the local chicks now think I'm better looking.....

#winning!

He IS a pal!

I need a pal.....