Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Who is going to WEBE Angel Fire??

I was out last year with a shoulder injury.....redemtion time this year. Here is a video of all the class starts:

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XKfrjrhmC-0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll be there.

Could be talked into the team race on Saturday if anybody's looking for a partner........

B

I'll be there.

Could be talked into the team race on Saturday if anybody's looking for a partner........

B

We always have guys looking for a partner. I have a name and number if you want. PM me if you want his info or just check in at the sign up area. Looks like there will be no dust!!

Considering it but have some questions. Is the hotel giving the special right there by the course (the one at the bottom of the ski slope) and about how long is the loop? This is all dependent on getting the bike fixed from Chadron too.

Considering it but have some questions. Is the hotel giving the special right there by the course (the one at the bottom of the ski slope) and about how long is the loop? This is all dependent on getting the bike fixed from Chadron too.

yes the hotel is near the starting line. webe has maps on it's website under "locations" or click this - http://weberacing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Angel-Fire-Location-Map-06-07-10.pdf

i've never raced this event but i would guess the circuit will be between 7 and 10 miles long. last year the C guys were turning 20 minute lap times.

well, the C guys were doing 20 minute laps if they didnt flip the bike while going uphill into a tree root and then the bike gets stuck upside down in the trees on a downhill slope between two of those trees requiring a rider to pull the bike UPHILL to get it out. Then of course the bike is flooded to sh!t and the rider is exhausted to H E L L. That said, the lap time could be a little longer. Just a littttttttttttttle bit.

So, if you know that "C" rider that did that....... hint, hint, hint, hint, you could ask him to try and find the video. Especially of the flip.

Seriously, it's a great event. From what WeBe has let on, it will be a different course. But how often do you get to ride ON THE SKI MOUNTAIN???? There's enough open areas to take over people, but there's quite a bit of tighter single track.

Heard that we are going over the hill to the other side and then back around......Nice!

Regards,

Thomas

well, the C guys were doing 20 minute laps if they didnt flip the bike while going uphill into a tree root and then the bike gets stuck upside down in the trees on a downhill slope between two of those trees requiring a rider to pull the bike UPHILL to get it out. Then of course the bike is flooded to sh!t and the rider is exhausted to H E L L. That said, the lap time could be a little longer. Just a littttttttttttttle bit.

So, if you know that "C" rider that did that....... hint, hint, hint, hint, you could ask him to try and find the video. Especially of the flip.

Seriously, it's a great event. From what WeBe has let on, it will be a different course. But how often do you get to ride ON THE SKI MOUNTAIN???? There's enough open areas to take over people, but there's quite a bit of tighter single track.

find that video. i love race footage. i plan on go pro'in all the webe races.

find that video. i love race footage. i plan on go pro'in all the webe races.

+1 I would like to see that.

Since we had to have the race in May it prevented us from going on the back side due to snow. If we go back next year I will incorporate the back side into the race and make the loop much longer to spread everyone out. I could only get 6 mile with what I was allowed to use.

Hope everyone had fun and I hope we did you proud!

Since we had to have the race in May it prevented us from going on the back side due to snow. If we go back next year I will incorporate the back side into the race and make the loop much longer to spread everyone out. I could only get 6 mile with what I was allowed to use.

Hope everyone had fun and I hope we did you proud!

The course was great. Like you said, we needed a little more distance to spread people out a bit. I had fun. My kids helmet cam video:

Regards,

Thomas

Brett, as usual GREAT EVENT! You and your team do an outstanding job in all aspects of the WEBE races. It's rare when an event can have than much single track, with the exception of climbing ski slopes. THANKS!

The course was great. Like you said, we needed a little more distance to spread people out a bit. I had fun. My kids helmet cam video:

Regards,

Thomas

cool video.