Will 2011 Triple Clamps fit an 06 ??

I was thinking about buying some aftermarket 22mm triple clamps for my 06. I was reading that the 2011's come with a 22.5 mm offset. Would an 2011 triple clamp fit on an 06? I was just looking to save a buck, parted out 2011 clamps are much cheaper. Thanks

Edited by Kaw_04_250f
More info

yes they will swap.. I have my 2011 clamps on my 07 and my sunline clamps on my 2011

Thanks Primal. I have worked with my set up and have it turning better than it was. I have read many threads on the subject and convinced myself that I need new triple clamps. There is a 2011 triple clamp on EBay for $125 and that sounds like a good deal.

you need both the bottem and top clamps for it to work! so if its just the top you're screwed

No it is the entire triple clamp with top, bottom stem and bearings. Can I use the new stem and bearings or do I have to reuse the 06's ?

you can use the new stem and bearings. just keep in mind that you're using new bearings on old races..

Good point. Thanks again.

Thanks Primal. I have worked with my set up and have it turning better than it was. I have read many threads on the subject and convinced myself that I need new triple clamps. There is a 2011 triple clamp on EBay for $125 and that sounds like a good deal.

I paid less than that for aftermarket 22's on ebay. Keep an eye out, they pop up from time to time. Just need to find someone who doesn't know how to list and doesn't get bids. Mine the guy didn't have any info so I emailed him to find out. They are tri-stars polished 22mm. Nice clamps too, but hopefully I don't ever need anything for them as they went out of business:bonk:

Just a little feedback from my project... I installed the 2011 triple clamps on my 2006 and they really made a great difference. I can not believe how much better the bike turns! Thanks for your help guys. My son is getting a little nervous because my corner speed has improved......that would really stink for him if the "old man" passed him!

i just put 20mm rg3 clamps on my 2010 they make the kawi the best handling bike ever now. well my friends pro cuircut 2010crf250 is pretty nice too!