Sign in to follow this  

Finally!!!!

Ok a few weeks ago i posted about my bike kicking out to the side on every decent size jump.After hours of trying to correct it in the air someone suggested suspension.I was out at the track and asked one of the old timers for help.Coming from a street and supermoto background i felt like an idiot when i realized how minor of adjustment was needed.It ended up being my rebound being too hard.After a few adjustments(7 clicks total) and trial laps the bike was leaving the face of the jump and remaining straight in the air.Also at the end of the day i realized I wasnt panic revving or having to pop the throttle in the air no where near as much.I was amazed at how a small adjustment on your bike could impact the performance on a dirt track.Now, if only i could find some "arm pump resistant grips".

What most people don't realize is; suspension is super important. I see lots of people riding around suspension issues and don't understand why they bother. Dialing things in is your best hope to making it EASIER to ride. When the bike is easier to ride, you go quicker... :thumbsup:

In terms of arm pump, you live in florida where its humid and hot. Water and potassium my friend... Take 200 - 400mg of potassium before you hit the track and start hydrating (14 - 16 glasses of water per day) 2 days before you ride. I bet your arm pump disappears.

It could also be your gripping of the bars too tight, but thats hard to fix sadly, most people grip them too dam tight. I use pillow top grips, which help for sure.

YEAH BROTHER I THINK ON THIS ONE WITH IT BEING A BRAND NEW BIKE AND JUST GETTING INTO MX SERIOUSLY,IM GONNA PUT FOCUS AND MONEY INTO SUSPENSION FIRST,THEN GO TO PIPE,CARB WORK,ETC.LIKE YOU SAID SPEED IS GONNA COME FROM CONTROL MORE SO THAN HORSEPOWER AT THIS POINT.THE FIRST THING IVE ALWAYS DONE IS IMMEDIATELY THROW ON A PIPE,AIR FILTER,REJET AND SO ON.THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND STAY SAFE.:thumbsup:

i can notice a huge difference in one click different. in the back of my owners manual it says what to do to your suspension. for e.g. if the the rear shock is bouncing turn the rebound clockwise 2 clicks. just stuff like that. it was really helpfull when i was first starting. its now takin me 10 hours to get my suspension sorted on my new bike (2010 yz250f) and it is now working so well i have shaved 5 seconds a lap just from playing with the clickers

Glad you got it sorted out. Sure does get your breath back on the track. My sag was 20mm out when doing it. When they fixed that, was straight as I wanted. I'm also thankful I can feel one click differences. I wouldn't have thought so, but I must have it in the sweet spot and just changing 1-2 clicks helps a lot. Was pushing out of the ruts the other day and one click made a big difference.