Sign in to follow this  

The time has come...

I've only had my 07 DRZ SM for about a month but you guys have convinced me to stop with the nonsense upgrades and get to the power mods. :thumbsup:

Here's what I'm considering now:

FCR 39 MX (I guess I'll have to rejet it for sea level?)

MRD/SSW

3x3

Now power mods but important: case protectors / MCCT

Besides buying the pipe itself and the FCR is there anything else I'll need for the install?

Is rejetting a FCR any different than rejetting the standard carb? (Maybe I should speak to Eddie I hear he sells prejetted ones)

Finally will I have to rework any of the lines on the FCR or do they all match the ones that are my stock sm carb?

Thanks a ton.

fcr compared to the stock mukini carb =different bike,its so worth doing you wont believe.

fcr compared to the stock mukini carb =different bike,its so worth doing you wont believe.

Yeah that's what I keep hearing. The bike still feels decent stock (I've only had it for a month or so like I said) but I figure why not throw the upgrades on early in the season so I have a whole summer to enjoy em!

Anyone have any advice about the FCR. I've looked up the basics of the install but I havn't really seen much about how to jet them / how the hoses hold up.

Just order it from Eddie, tell him you elevation, and any mods you've done to the bike. He'll set it up for you. I might be selling my FCR in a couple of weeks, as I want mileage over the HP. Gotta figure out the pluses and minuses of switching before committing to selling it.

Just order it from Eddie, tell him you elevation, and any mods you've done to the bike. He'll set it up for you. I might be selling my FCR in a couple of weeks, as I want mileage over the HP. Gotta figure out the pluses and minuses of switching before committing to selling it.

How much mileage should I expect to lose from this?

Bleach , if you get your carb from eddie , then it will be setup for you . Standard the FCR/MX is about right for your setup , it is just the fine tuning that he can do for you that will make a difference . When I bought mine I left it as was and fitted it and have had no problems with it , absolutely no flat spots and it pulls at any rev ! Your fuel economy will now be linked to your wrist and how much you twist it . Dont worry too much , even if you go balls out everywhere , you wont use more than a couple of mile per gallon more than the mikuni . My bike tends to go on reserve around the 120 klm area , sometimes I have reached the 130 mark . This is only about 10 to 15 klms less than with the mikuni , but I do twist my wrist a lot ! It does change the nature of the bike also . The pumper carb is very on off compared to the CV carb . It caught me out a few times when I had just fitted it and I backed off , and the bike stopped quicker than with the CV , so then I had to open the throttle again as I was going to slow for the corner . This is something though , that you will adjust to very quickly and then you will see why everyone recommends the FCR , greg

Bleach , if you get your carb from eddie , then it will be setup for you . Standard the FCR/MX is about right for your setup , it is just the fine tuning that he can do for you that will make a difference . When I bought mine I left it as was and fitted it and have had no problems with it , absolutely no flat spots and it pulls at any rev ! Your fuel economy will now be linked to your wrist and how much you twist it . Dont worry too much , even if you go balls out everywhere , you wont use more than a couple of mile per gallon more than the mikuni . My bike tends to go on reserve around the 120 klm area , sometimes I have reached the 130 mark . This is only about 10 to 15 klms less than with the mikuni , but I do twist my wrist a lot ! It does change the nature of the bike also . The pumper carb is very on off compared to the CV carb . It caught me out a few times when I had just fitted it and I backed off , and the bike stopped quicker than with the CV , so then I had to open the throttle again as I was going to slow for the corner . This is something though , that you will adjust to very quickly and then you will see why everyone recommends the FCR , greg

Thanks for the info greg. I'll try to speak to Eddie and see what he recommends. I'm sure my bike will feel insane compared to what it is now with a few major mods.