new license laws for motorcycles?

Oregon

I have a friend from washington that said new laws are being in effect january 2012. he said you can license any dirtbike that a dealership approves. the dealership writes a waiver and you take the waiver to the dol and get your plate.

i looked briefly for oregon changes and couldnt find anything. does anyone have more info or is this just for washington.

Edited by EOYZF

It's not quite that easy.

The new law will require the bike have all the requirements for street before the dealer can sign off. Meaning a true conversion will have to take place. No more plate on a bike that really is not street legal.

Yes, the law has passed in Washington and takes effect in Jan. 2012.

Just WA state, not Oregon

Obviously, any changes in law for WA have zero bearing on regulations in OR.

Joe

obviously, but sometimes oregon and washington follow trends. i know the difference between state and federal laws. just hoping thats all. thanks for trying to set me straight.

obviously, but sometimes oregon and washington follow trends. i know the difference between state and federal laws. just hoping thats all. thanks for trying to set me straight.

We would of never gotten this if the state wasnt beyond broke, no money, swimming in red ink. If you actually want something in return, you have to starve the beast. Finally, I will have to pay a little extra but actually get something in return. I was growing tired of just paying lots more for the same thing or lots more for less of the same thing. In fact, I had started rebelling by cutting out many items I used to just do every year.

ya it sounds like a pretty big victory really. who would of thought a year ago that you were going to be able to plate a two stroke again. now on to oregon...