Middlecreek to goat rr

California

What a great day for a ride this Saturday. I rode with Ray, Matt and Arron from

So-Cal. We started at the bottom of middlecreek and rode all of sled to the top.

All the trails on the middlecreek side are in great shape. There was a lot of

people riding so we had to ride more careful. We rode out 37 and of course

we ran into a big groap of riders. I'm sure glad the lead guy was riding slow.

After a short break at bear creek it was off to goat mountain. My plan was to

try and ride over the top but I knew snow might be a problem. We rode up

trail 8 and then 6 to try and get to the top. Trail 6 we started to hit the snow.

As I expected we ran into some big snow banks. It might take a couple of weeks

of warm weather to melt enough snow to get over the top. So we backtracked

6 and 8. We rode the rest of 8 and some trails I don't know the name of to

get to the other side of goat to make are loop. We rode 6 and 8 on the middlecreek side to get back to sled. We finally got back to the parking area

at 8 pm and just beat the sun light. What a great ride and this one goes down

as one my most fun rides.

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

next week

i might of crossed paths with you guys, i was on a 530 and my kid on and xc 200 with a chain saw, we were the ones clearing trail on goat Saturday. i cant do any more trail work this year its time to go back to work ..

i cut thouse trees in the 2nd pic down.

Thanks for posting the pics Brennan. I have to agree that this was one of the best rides to date. My GPS tracked 52.8 miles of which the majority was single track. Thanks to Matt and Arron for coming down and riding. Here's a video of the water crossing after our lunch break.

th_FILE0002.jpg

Squid reuel thanks for your work on trail 37. It was so much fun on that trail. I

thought I herd a chainsaw on goat. I wish I ran into you guys to thank you for your great

trail work.

Ray thanks for making it for the ride. I didn't think we were going to have to race back to the truck before we ran out of sunlight.

+1 what Brennan said Squid! My group camped this last weekend at the top of the hill at Penny Pines campground. Although I had no idea at the time, we saw you and your kid ride by when we were sitting at camp. The trails looked great and I'm sure it would have been a mess without your hard work. I still owe you a beer anytime!

Friday we got a good 35 mile ride in the North trails. 38 was the dustiest, but still awesome. The conditions were great. Big Big puddles! You get good at doubling whooops and choosing good rut lines.

Rode over to Stony Saturday with a group of 6 by way of 17-37. It was killer as always. I love that trail for it's mix of tight and flowing stuff. Saw a couple groups of guys but it was no biggie...that is until I squided out at the creek crossing on 37 in front of 6 or so dudes. Hit a rock a couple feet from dry land and almost swamped her. BTW you guys are welcome for the entertainment!

Tried, like Brennan, to ride up to Goat Mtn. but got stopped by snow drifts so we headed back and rode some other killler high elevation Stony trails...06...12...19..etc. There was snow there and some downed trees so it got interesting. Took a digger on the way back and mashed a radiator. That ended my weekend, but it was all good. :thumbsup:

All and all it was a blast. Love that Upper Lake stuff! Wish I lived closer.

-t

yes that was us, we camped on the deervally road about 3 miles in on the right, dint know it was you guys, but we always Cruz through the camp ground looking for people i know.

Beautiful pics Brennan! I'm glad you & Ray had a great ride. :thumbsup:

Hey Jim, You missed out on a great ride. The only down side was that I got home at 11pm! I didn't get your message until that morning so sorry that I didn't call back. You gotta make the next ride.

The pictures look FANTASTIC!

Now here is a wild one.................... I would love to make the motorcycle trek from Lil' Stoney again. Meet you guys somewhere @ Penny Pines or Middlecreek.

But.

When the snow melts on top. The creek crossings look great. I want, I want, I want!

But................... I have to impose on you! Can I buy pre-mix from one of you guys? Does anybody have a 2-stroke? I've ridden overthere a number of times, but I can't go there & back on 1 tank, and you guys have beautiful trails...................... but I can't do it by myself.

I need help. In more ways than the obious............. but............... can I bother you guys for pre-mix? :confused::thumbsup:

Don't you need fuel to go with the premix? That would be a fun ride if you hooked up with someone at penny pines and they met up with you at little stony the next day.

BfB hooked us up last time.

We came back to Lil' Stony at about 8:00pm. It was a LONG day.

Or you can drive over, I have a extra room with a bed, your welcome to stay here. M/C one day, Cow the next :}

Superslyko I could give you some gas. I ride a

Ktm 300 to. We usually park at lower deer valley

Parking area. We like to meet around 9 to 9:30.

I know it would be a early ride for you over to

The middlecreek side. If you are still interested I

Can send you a pm on are next ride.

i Cary gas in 1 gallon chevron delo oil jugs through my fanny pack belt, its a little heavy at first but they can rest on the back of your seat if you sit down. just don't poak a whole in it in the brush like i did on Saturday, i got a boot full of saw gas and got chemical burns on my foot.

The pictures look FANTASTIC!

Now here is a wild one.................... I would love to make the motorcycle trek from Lil' Stoney again. Meet you guys somewhere @ Penny Pines or Middlecreek.

But.

When the snow melts on top. The creek crossings look great. I want, I want, I want!

But................... I have to impose on you! Can I buy pre-mix from one of you guys? Does anybody have a 2-stroke? I've ridden overthere a number of times, but I can't go there & back on 1 tank, and you guys have beautiful trails...................... but I can't do it by myself.

I need help. In more ways than the obious............. but............... can I bother you guys for pre-mix? :confused::thumbsup:

Me casa es su casa, so is my gas...

All this is predicated on Ossi bailing on us. Can't really blame him since is house is under water....................................

But..........................................................

All I remember was the drive to BfB's house last time was hella long. I ain't doing that alone. I love me & all that but, no way, I ain't driving all that way by myself with the price of gas................. etc.

Now if I had a car pool buddy.

Cow was great. I really liked Cow.:thumbsup:

A 2 day trip would be GREAT! But, Lil' Stoney doesn't let you park overnight. I could park at Fouts Springs, drive the bike over, stay with one of these GREAT guys...................... then ride back the next day.

-OR-

I hate to ride alone. I hate to drive alone. I hate to do anything alone. Heck, I even ride with BigBob rather than ride alone. :confused:

Hook me up!

P.S. Ossi, you can't ride Orange. I talked to the congregation & they won't allow it.

Edited by superslyko
I could even take my son if he wants.............. talk to me.
All this is predicated on Ossi bailing on us. Can't really blame him since is house is under water....................................

Thats a work thing

P.S. Ossi, you can't ride Orange. I talked to the congregation & they won't allow it.

Looking for a X or WR more so now, Do not want to spend 449 money.

You'll have to forgive me Ossi. I forget I'm not standing there all the time, I say things in jest but I come off like a complete idiot!

You're the man! I'm just thinking Middle Creek, but Cow would be such a boon I couldn't contain myself.

Remember the last trip, that is where Craterbum pulled that hill at 3 mph and I crashed like 4 times on it. :confused:

P.S. That last Yamaha had just motor mods that cost more than my entire bike last time. :thumbsup: