Drinkwater Flatts

California

So I've heard conflicting information as to weather we can ride drinkwater May 1 (today) with a red sticker.Anyone ride up there? It's in Canyon Country by Rhower.

Bummer :thumbsup:. The chances of causing a fire is so minimal but I'm not going to rant :confused:.

Is there anywhere else to ride around Santa Clarita? I might go to a track for the first time in my life!

Drinkwater is now officially off limits to red stickers. I live a few minutes up the canyon and I can't ride there now. Santa Clarita is now closed to red stickers. Rowher, DWF, and up the 5 at Gorman. You still have a month left in the desert areas. And it has nothing to do with causing a fire. It's air quality related. Supposedly we create more smog when we ride in the summer months. You can go ride the track at Gorman, but if you hop the fence you're illegal. Because the smog is kept in that fenced in area, you can ride the track. :thumbsup:

Damn, yeah I'm up in the SCV too. And the red sticker is air quality related?! That's even dumber than the fire hazard! How many friggen cars do we have on the road? Give me a break.

By "desert areas" your talking dove springs, jawbone, mojave, etc right??

You can go ride the track at Gorman, but if you hop the fence you're illegal. Because the smog is kept in that fenced in area, you can ride the track.

HAHA

By "desert areas" your talking dove springs, jawbone, mojave, etc right??

HAHA

That is correct. You're good there til May 31st. I hear Cal City is pretty red sticker friendly year round.

Cool, thanks for the info! It's a mission but I want to head out there at least once or twice!

if you want to try a track go to quail canyon (I-5) in gorman. red sticker/green sticker/no sticker friendly. you do need a spark arrestor though.

This red sticker law just sucks!

This red sticker law just sucks!

That it does.

The alternative is that red sticker bikes would only be allowed on tracks. Yes, the original plan was to ban red sticker bikes from public land totally. The fact that you can ride them at all was a huge win. CARB wanted them banned. The state lets us ride them anyhow.

A red sticker bike is about the equivalent of a car that failed a smog check. Can you register a car like that? No you can't. If you don't want smog equipment on a car you have to buy an old one. Same with a bike. Get a 2002 or earlier and even a 2 smoke gets a green sticker.

Don't take the preceding as any kind of endorsement to the situation. I think it sucks too. It's just that I can appreciate the reality of the situation.