Shrub might get a 450X

So, I've LONG wanted a Honda CR CRF-R or CRF-X. :thumbsup:

I found a 2008 CRF450X for $3,400. Should complete deal hopefully May 15. It has low low hours and the bike is just way too much for him. So much so that he crashed and got hurt. :worthy:

Skool me on converting this for tight-woods single track usage. I believe a JD jet kit and possibly a gear change is all that's needed. Right?

450x4.jpg

450x3.jpg

450x2.jpg

450x1.jpg

450x5.jpg

I'm pretty excited. :confused: I've ridden four years now without a proper off-road bike. :busted:

It looks good. ditch the CA smog pump. JD kit is a great choice.

Shrub, just get it.

You can make an X into anything. That's the beauty of them.

-Shorten the chain, and pull the rear wheel forward.

-Set the sag to 100mm: changes springs if you have to, front and rear

-JD kit, + 50 leak jet + R&D remote fuel screw, and uncork to taste

-remove smog pump, or JB weld it shut

-If it has the stock front tire, throw it away before it kills you (it was made for

sub 200lb bikes, and it flexes badly)

-ride the crap out of it

Shrub, just get it.

You can make an X into anything. That's the beauty of them.

-Shorten the chain, and pull the rear wheel forward.

-Set the sag to 100mm: changes springs if you have to, front and rear

-JD kit, + 50 leak jet + R&D remote fuel screw, and uncork to taste

-remove smog pump, or JB weld it shut

-If it has the stock front tire, throw it away before it kills you (it was made for

sub 200lb bikes, and it flexes badly)

-ride the crap out of it

Well said, Krannie, and CONGRATS Shrub! You're in the right place to get your new steed rigged the way you'll like it. Lots of knowledge here:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It looks good. ditch the CA smog pump. JD kit is a great choice.

This, I actually didnt go JD, but had a friend do mine, who has raced these things forever, he told me what I needed and went for it. Pink wire disconnect, open the airbox, and I did a FMF power bomb and Q4. I also added, a Trail Tech stator and weighted flywheel. When rebuild time comes, throw in a TRX450 piston.

I did the JD jet kit and added a submount Scotts damper. And yes I chucked the stock front tire and replaced with a bridgestone. Get a battery tender for your battery or ride the bike often. I have a trials tire on the rear for now as it is my Moab bike.

Bike looks clean.

I did the JD jet kit and added a submount Scotts damper. And yes I chucked the stock front tire and replaced with a bridgestone. Get a battery tender for your battery or ride the bike often. I have a trials tire on the rear for now as it is my Moab bike.

Bike looks clean.

I would highly recommend a battery tender. I plug mine in every time I park the bike. Have had a Gel Bikemaster in it for over 2 years now without a hick up.:thumbsup:

I would highly recommend a battery tender. I plug mine in every time I park the bike. Have had a Gel Bikemaster in it for over 2 years now without a hick up.:thumbsup:

I didnt think about that, I have leads on both my 450X and 250X hooked up with the leads coming down to the air box door. I have noticed less problems though now, with the Trail Tech stator, seems both bikes were on the verge of not enough charging with the lights on, now I almost have to run the lights. I went GPR under the bar mount, even though the X's are faily stable, I dont get as tired and my arms dont hurt (as bad) after long rides:thumbsup:

ETA, get a real skid plate.

Bike looks clean.

Well, after further look-sees I found more. Damn Honda's look good close up. I get that it is low hours but it's just no maintenance to me. New tires and chain req'd. Also, title is in limbo with Honda Financial. His offered collateral don't match my cash so I'm out. :confused:

I'd point you to his album but it's now deleted. Ad that was posted on ADV is gone too. :thumbsup:

Well, after further look-sees I found more. Damn Honda's look good close up. I get that it is low hours but it's just no maintenance to me. New tires and chain req'd. Also, title is in limbo with Honda Financial. His offered collateral don't match my cash so I'm out. :worthy:

I'd point you to his album but it's now deleted. Ad that was posted on ADV is gone too. :thumbsup:

There are others. Maybe this one just was not meant to be for you. You know, Shrub, I did way over 1000 hours on my '05 450X and I miss it. There NOTHING quite like a dialed in 450X that I've come across yet.:confused:

There are others. Maybe this one just was not meant to be for you. You know, Shrub, I did way over 1000 hours on my '05 450X and I miss it. There NOTHING quite like a dialed in 450X that I've come across yet.:confused:

er uh, meant to say Hondas look good far away. :worthy:

Up close it was like "Damn, dude - just wash it already." Header's sorta rusty. I live in freaking Seattle and my header ain't rusty. :busted:

Ya, I'll find another. 1,000 hours. That's a lot of use. Sorta like Highmarker's 250X. Like a Timex really. :thumbsup:

tight woods + 450 = major workout

tight woods + 450 = major workout

I need it. 250 lbs here and 6'2". 250F gots 'nuff juice but the enduro 250Fs are a bit slow for me.

I need it. 250 lbs here and 6'2". 250F gots 'nuff juice but the enduro 250Fs are a bit slow for me.

Shrub,

Sent you a PM.

Mike