Sign in to follow this  

2 stroke Vs. 4 stroke

I understand that some things will always have die hard sides, but with something as simple as personal preference it doesn't make sense to me..

Why are there guys that will cuss you out just because you ride a 2 stroke? (or vice versa). It's so simple to me, but I still don't get it. If someone gave me a CRF and a CR I would ride them equally.

So I want to know why some of you are willing to fight to the death for your choice of engine configuration? What's your thoughts? Why do you think 2 strokes should rule the world? Or why 2 strokes should be banned?

Sorry, maybe I'm a little young to understand the whole opening a can of worms phrase, but if it means what I think it means, no I'm not trying to start a frigen flame war, I seriously want to know why they love their bikes so much they would kill someone, or even just prefer them. And what I can say to someone when they start cussing me out for owning one of them.

A lot of animosity comes from the 2 stroke guys who feel betrayed by the industry. Research the threads and you'll see it's almost always the same ol bs.

Ride what you want and leave it at that.

Well, there are a lot of reasons, most of which don't have anything to do with motorcycles.

1. Many people don't other people who are "different"

2. Many people don't like to think they made a mistake in buying a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke, and you showed them up.

3. Some have "Daddy" issues and his Daddy road a 2/4 stroke.

4. Many people are contrarians.

5. It's not your bike, it's you.

Kinda like the Windows/Macintosh debate. People are die hard fans of either, and are willing to argue to the death about which is better, when the reality is neither is better than the other.

Usually it comes from some cocky punk kid going "2 STROKES ARE FOR PANSIES!!!" that has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. That's almost always the way arguments start- someone doesn't have any clue about what they are talking about and they make statements that they pass off as fact, which generally aggravates those who actually know what they're talking about.

Ride what you like, that is the only thing that matters in the 2 vs 4 stroke debate.

if someone cusses you out for riding a bike that fires on a different amount of crank rotations than his he has other problems

My riding buddies hate it when I ride my 125. That's because they know it makes me ride my 450 more aggressively.

Ignore the nay-sayers and ride whatever you want.

--KT--

My riding buddies hate it when I ride my 125. That's because they know it makes me ride my 450 more aggressively.

Ignore the nay-sayers and ride whatever you want.

--KT--

Gottcha!:thumbsup:

Ride what you want. A bad day of riding is better than a good day at work. I always think this when I ride.

Its a guy thing, thumpers rule, smokers rule! I know guys that work day and night just to support their love of the sport. And I feel guilty for have a few bikes., but like everybody here, we work hard to enjoy a good day riding.

To me, the trash talking is part of the riding. One Sunday the thumpers will rule the trails. The next Sunday the smokers will rulle. Its part of the fun. Just enjoy it, and let it build up for the next ride.

its all a matter of having fun and thats why we ride,debating whos style bike is better is school yard stuff,some bikes require more maint. than others,dosent make them bad bikes,do some research get a bike that you can handle,power,size and maint,it makes life more fun,though pokin a lil fun at a buddies whos ass you just kicked threw some trails or on the track is always fun to lol

its all a matter of having fun and thats why we ride,debating whos style bike is better is school yard stuff,some bikes require more maint. than others,dosent make them bad bikes,do some research get a bike that you can handle,power,size and maint,it makes life more fun,though pokin a lil fun at a buddies whos ass you just kicked threw some trails or on the track is always fun to lol

LOL yeah, like it was said earlier, mostly the kids do it just to start something up. Though I do feel closer to the guys with 250 2Ts, I guess we understand what we go through to maintain, mix, etc. our bikes to be able to ride them.

Who's going to throw the first stone?.... ok ..wait for it........wait for it...... It's coming..... I can't even believe it's lasted this long without an insult.:thumbsup::worthy::confused:

Who's going to throw the first stone?.... ok ..wait for it........wait for it...... It's coming..... I can't even believe it's lasted this long without an insult.:thumbsup::busted::worthy:

Because we're all decent men here? :confused: (the exception being me... :smirk:)