Sign in to follow this  

07 YZ125 Shock on 06 YZ250

I have the chance to get a new 07 125 shock for the same amount it would cost to have the 06 250 shock serviced, are the shocks the same with just different springs? this is what im hoping, and that some of you suspension tuners know! Cheers Andrew

I have the chance to get a new 07 125 shock for the same amount it would cost to have the 06 250 shock serviced, are the shocks the same with just different springs? this is what im hoping, and that some of you suspension tuners know! Cheers Andrew

I think there are some differences in the valving. Other than that they are the same (except the spring).

I run a revalved and resprung 08 125 shock on the back of my 250.:thumbsup:

i remeber that someone had posted shim stacks for both the 08 yz125 and 08 yz250(think it may have been on this site) and stacks were the same. guess the diffrence in valving is in clickers.

I'd say go for it. The difference in valving (if any) won't be that great. If you search the suspension forum, you can probably find the stock stacks.

I have the 07 250 stack but i cant find the 125 07 stock stack anywhere, someone did mention there were changes year to year but seemed to thing 07 125-250 were the same, i cant find out for sure though!!