Sign in to follow this  

KDX fork compatability???

just wondering if anyone knows if a fork from a 2000 kdx 220 will fit on a 1989 kdx200? any differences between the two? thanks.

The forks themselves will bolt on no problem. However, you will need the front caliper and bracket for the newer 2000 forks. I can't remember if the wheel and axle are the same or not.

The big question is why would you want to swap them? There is no improvement to be had unless you are just trying to replace damaged forks on the cheap.

The forks themselves will bolt on no problem. However, you will need the front caliper and bracket for the newer 2000 forks. I can't remember if the wheel and axle are the same or not.

The big question is why would you want to swap them? There is no improvement to be had unless you are just trying to replace damaged forks on the cheap.

you got it, just bought the bike for cheap, last owner let the fork seals leak for so long that the fork was drained of oil. can get the fork for less than 100 and its apparently in good shape.

thanks for the info

if you can find a set of cartridge forks from a XR600 650 they slide right in. I think the front wheel will fit but I dont remember if I had to alter anything .

you can replace the seals for cheaper than that.

theres a big gouge on one of the fork tubes