Sign in to follow this  

OMG!! set your sag!!!

ive had my yz250 for about 6 months now and had the suspension re done for my weight since im 140 pounds... when i got it back it felt great!! ive always read about "do ur race sag" and all that but i was always to lazy to do it.. so today i went into the garage and did it. took about 2 minutes and my sag was 5 inches off of where it should have been! i took it out(after i did the sag) and i was at least 1 gear higher in every trail, whoop section, and jump....let me tell you it made the biggest difference in the world it was crazy!! i had way better traction and could get lower in ruts, everything just felt better!

do your sag and it will help alot!!!

http://www.4strokes.com/tech/racesag.asp

heres the website i used to help me

Edited by yamaha__fmf

Your sag was 5 inches off, and you didn't think anything was wrong?:thumbsup:

Isn't race sag usually about 4"? So to be 5" off you'd have to have no sag or have 9" of sag. Either way, couldn't have been 5" off.

Isn't race sag usually about 4"? So to be 5" off you'd have to have no sag or have 9" of sag. Either way, couldn't have been 5" off.

5 inches off from 4" is either -1" or 9". so if he had 9" then it was 5 " off. right? idk. maybe he meant 5cm or mm.

Will agree, can have the most expensive suspension you can buy.. but if the sag is way off the bike ain't gonna work right. Even with mildly clapped out stock suspension, the correct shock sag can go a long way to making the bike "rideable"..