Raceway Park May 8th

I've been to both Blue Diamond and Raceway practice track many times. Blue Diamond is always in good shape and they keep on top of it. Raceway is more of crap shoot with the conditions, but it was really good this past Saturday.

I would say Blue Diamond is best for Beginners and Experts. The jumps are more roll-able than RWP. All the jumps at RWP are fairly easy, but a new rider will be rolling the bigger jumps, and it's much better to roll a table than a double. The jumps at Blue Diamond are much larger and less forgiving to coming up short or over-jumping. But for someone like me, I'm at the point now where I clear all the jumps at most of the tracks I go to, so it's discouraging to go to Blue Diamond and roll like 80% of them.

Oops, I forgot that this Sunday is Mothers Day. I will be there on Saturday if anyone wants to meet up ?

Pm me your number. I will be there on Sat as well. Do you know what time your going? This will be my first time back on the track in years, I've been riding sport bikes all this time, well still do

Looks like Saturday is going to be a beautiful motocross day. High of 68 and sunny.

Just can't decide whether i want to go to e-town and ride with the stampede, or go to blue diamond (for my first time) and have a little more room on a track with less jumps.

Conditions were good Saturday but the people running the track need to get their act together. They kept switching the amount of sessions throughout the day and communication to the riders was terrible. I actually hauled off on the guy at the gate and told him I would buy a $20 chalkboard for him to write who was out on the track. His response was that they asked management for a sign showing the groups and management would not allow it. Amazing how they treat everyone, guess they figure being the only game in town they can do whatever they please.

Conditions were good Saturday but the people running the track need to get their act together. They kept switching the amount of sessions throughout the day and communication to the riders was terrible. I actually hauled off on the guy at the gate and told him I would buy a $20 chalkboard for him to write who was out on the track. His response was that they asked management for a sign showing the groups and management would not allow it. Amazing how they treat everyone, guess they figure being the only game in town they can do whatever they please.

I thought it was quite simple.

Beginning of the day it was big bikes / little bikes. As more people came, the security guy at the gate was holding 3 fingers. That means 3 classes, A / B+C / little bikes. Then as it got more crowded he held 4 fingers out which meant all classes were split. You just have to watch for the checkered flagger and know which class is out on the track.

It usually goes A -> B -> C -> Mini's -> A

The group that is next on the practice track has access to the warmup track. So if A class is out on the track, then B class gets to go on the warmup track.

It's easiest to just pay attention to when the mini's go out on the track, and figure out how many sessions after that your class goes on.

I thought it was quite simple.

Beginning of the day it was big bikes / little bikes. As more people came, the security guy at the gate was holding 3 fingers. That means 3 classes, A / B+C / little bikes. Then as it got more crowded he held 4 fingers out which meant all classes were split. You just have to watch for the checkered flagger and know which class is out on the track.

It usually goes A -> B -> C -> Mini's -> A

The group that is next on the practice track has access to the warmup track. So if A class is out on the track, then B class gets to go on the warmup track.

It's easiest to just pay attention to when the mini's go out on the track, and figure out how many sessions after that your class goes on.

I understand how it works, the guy never signaled in the later sessions and they switched back to three again at some point. Every other track has a PA or sign to tell people, with the amount of money they take in and the turnout most weekends there is no excuse for not having something.