Sign in to follow this  

Anything wrong with the '07 CRF250Rs?

Hey guys,

One of my buddies is getting rid of an 07 CRF250R and I am looking at picking it up for a good deal. Do they have any known issues that would cause this to be a bad deal? The bike is extremely clean and he has taken really good care of it.

Mine only has about 21 hours on it but I haven't experienced any problems with it other than hard starting in cold weather.

I love mine. Did not care that I had to rebuild the head at 40 hrs. Initial problems tend be with jetting. My dang bike wouldn't even run off of the show room floor. Had to get a JD jet kit and a Boyeson quickshot 3 (adjustable leak jet).

Good to hear that you like it. This bike has a new rear tire, all new plastics & graphics, pro taper bars, quick adjust carb needle, billet gas cap, quick fork bleeders, new triple clamp and all the gear for $2500. I think it's a pretty dang good deal. Not sure how many hours it has on it, but it is pretty clean.

Good to hear that you like it. This bike has a new rear tire, all new plastics & graphics, pro taper bars, quick adjust carb needle, billet gas cap, quick fork bleeders, new triple clamp and all the gear for $2500. I think it's a pretty dang good deal. Not sure how many hours it has on it, but it is pretty clean.

It does sound like a very good price for that bike depending on how many hours it has on it. I really have enjoyed the bike each time I have ridden it. It has plenty enough power, handles great and the ergonomics are excellent! I replaced the stock bars with some ProTaper 1-1/8" Contours(Windham RM-Mid bend), replaced the grips with some ProTaper Pillow Tops, replaced the gas cap with a Tusk Off-Road billet aluminum type, replaced the throttle tube with a Pro Circuit aluminum type and it already had a Yoshimura exhaust system installed when I got it from the previous owner.

It does sound like a very good price for that bike depending on how many hours it has on it. I really have enjoyed the bike each time I have ridden it. It has plenty enough power, handles great and the ergonomics are excellent! I replaced the stock bars with some ProTaper 1-1/8" Contours(Windham RM-Mid bend), replaced the grips with some ProTaper Pillow Tops, replaced the gas cap with a Tusk Off-Road billet aluminum type, replaced the throttle tube with a Pro Circuit aluminum type and it already had a Yoshimura exhaust system installed when I got it from the previous owner.

Sounds like a good bike. I've just been reading about keeping the air filter clean so it doesn't mess up the valves. Any problems with the stock air filter/boot?

Sounds like a good bike. I've just been reading about keeping the air filter clean so it doesn't mess up the valves. Any problems with the stock air filter/boot?

None other than the airbox is pretty small and it makes getting the air filter in and out for service purposes somewhat of a hassle. You just get used to it after a while. I replaced my stock air filter with a TwinAir and I like it much better. Some owners say that the stock filter being designed explicitly for this bike makes it the only good choice but I haven't experienced any problems with sealing at all with my TwinAir. Dirt is not getting past the aftermarket air filter on my bike. These bikes are really nice! :thumbsup:

None other than the airbox is pretty small and it makes getting the air filter in and out for service purposes somewhat of a hassle. You just get used to it after a while. I replaced my stock air filter with a TwinAir and I like it much better. Some owners say that the stock filter being designed explicitly for this bike makes it the only good choice but I haven't experienced any problems with sealing at all with my TwinAir. Dirt is not getting past the aftermarket air filter on my bike. These bikes are really nice! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the info.

i race an 07 and love th bike....just replace the ti valves with ss valves and the valve problem is gone as long as you ride it right.....as fot the starting it will start easst if you do these steps..

Cold start...

1. turn gas on

2. pull choke

3. twist thorttle 2-3 times.

4. give the bike 3-4 kicks not hard enough to start it but just to get the motor moving.

5. kick it from tdc and it will fire up.

Hot starting.

1. before cutting the bike off turn the gas off and rev it 3-4 times real good.

2. start bike by kicking it hard from tdc and once it starts turn gas on and ride.

those steps will make the bike start so easy..also every time you get ready to put it up make sure the gas is turned off and the motor is at tdc so the valve springs dont get worn out.