Muscles

I was always told that you build muscle from the muscle tearing and than repairing itself which makes it bigger. such as working out.

My question is that if you actually have a "torn" muscle say your like jeremy mcgrath when he tore his pec muscles, is it the same thing as making muscle. Just an idea that popped into my head.How does that work?

When you tear a muscle to such a high degree, it is regarded as an injury.. The muscle takes much longer to heal and loses strength and mass.

By lifting heavy weights you create "micro tears" which are repaired and made stronger by the body given your body gets the proper amount of nutrients and rest.

Everyone is right, from a pre-med standpoint "tearing" in respect to working out is really not the right word. if you truly tare a muscle you would be in so much pain its not even funny. you build muscle from repeated work, hense why you have to keep upping weight to get bigger.

I was always told that you build muscle from the muscle tearing and than repairing itself which makes it bigger. such as working out.

My question is that if you actually have a "torn" muscle say your like jeremy mcgrath when he tore his pec muscles, is it the same thing as making muscle. Just an idea that popped into my head.How does that work?

That muscle tear theory is a common misconception. The leading research states otherwise. Muscle growth is a function of metabolic response from a nervous system reaction via the endocrine system, to release growth hormones that target muscles and tendons. The soreness you feel might be some micro tears but it is typically a build up of lactic acid (a byproduct of the crebs cycle), micro tears are bound to happen but this is not what causes your muscles to grow and increase strength. The hormone reaction to these stresses is what causes you to become stronger. The main pathway in which steroids (hormones) and HGH etc. cause massive strength and endurance increases in athletes.

In short. The nervous systems' reaction to the stress of exercise initiates the process of muscle development...

and for the record steroids don't actually create new muscle cells they just enlarge the one's you already have.

That's still being debated... it really doesn't make any difference. No one here should look to steroids to help them in MX. But since were on the subject of muscle growth, weather or not it creates cells, it does cause heart disease and a whole host of other problems that should keep people away from it.

and for the record steroids don't actually create new muscle cells they just enlarge the one's you already have.
btw only if you work the muscles

and motoguido u premed/med or other related area ?

The soreness you feel might be some micro tears but it is typically a build up of lactic acid (a byproduct of the crebs cycle),

Pain from lactic acid only last 15-30 minutes post workout. Your body flushes it out pretty quickly. The burn at the end of a set is lactic acid. The soreness the next day is not lactic acid. I've always understood the pain in the days following the workout to be from micro tears. What else explains that?

That's still being debated... it really doesn't make any difference. No one here should look to steroids to help them in MX. But since were on the subject of muscle growth, weather or not it creates cells, it does cause heart disease and a whole host of other problems that should keep people away from it.

Show me who/where its being debated?? I'm talking about steroids, not HGH. btw I agree, no one should turn to steroids, even though they are grossly misrepresented in the media they still are not the answer.