1990 MX300 ~ fix it or part it??

Just picked it up today, haven't pulled the cylinder yet but the guy that I bought it from said it seized. So assuming that it needs a replate and a piston, woud you keep and fix or part and sell?

90%20MX300%20L.JPG

90%20MX300%20R.JPG

90%20MX300%20fork.JPG

That fork clamp is an issue for sure. Not a replaceable part your are looking at a set of forks. 1990s had a bad powervalve that would break and needs a 92 or newer replacement and a SEM ignition pron to fail. Its up to you but I say no.

That fork clamp is an issue for sure. Not a replaceable part your are looking at a set of forks. 1990s had a bad powervalve that would break and needs a 92 or newer replacement and a SEM ignition pron to fail. Its up to you but I say no.

Yea, when I spotted the cracked fork I started to get nervous.

Didn't know about the ignition or power valve issues. For now I think that I'm going to poke around and see if I can find a fork and see what the cylinder condition actually is.

It's a long term project, maybe even next winter, so there's no reason to make a rush decision. Also, there's a pretty good KTM dealership not that far away so after the cylinder comes off I will have to get their opinion.